Business Development Manager
Company: Zayo Group
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications
infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth
connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s
leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline
carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and
professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides
customers with flexible solutions and self-service through
Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing
The Business Development Manager role is tasked with developing,
implementing, and managing Wave solutions opportunities that
increase/drive revenue growth by enhancing or expanding the Wave
Complex Deal and Pursuit Assist
Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of Wave solutions.
Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, and
developing/supporting RFP response and proposals. Provide insight
on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate
reporting in Salesforce.com.
Drive Sales Results
Directly engaging the field sales and fiber services business
development teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from
opportunity identification. Educate internal sales, sales
engineering, and business development teams on the Waves network
and where our network is unique compared to competition to drive
Sales Enablement and Training
The Business Development Manager is expected to be a subject matter
expert on the Waves network in assigned territory, including market
landscape and going forward market strategy. The Business
Development Manager is tasked with both enabling and driving sales
team engagement through education, targeting support, executive
level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support
the Waves organization success. Through these efforts, core
customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive
differentiation and value proposition.
* Support role and subject matter expert to assist closing complex
Wave solutions sales in their region, working with Regional Fiber
Solutions Business and Sales teams.
* Create/consult on complex Wave solutions for customers needing
guidance for their bandwidth needs.
* Clearly present the Waves network internally (on-net locations,
network routing, etc.) to ensure our teams are educated and can
sell with confidence.
* Support sales engineers to complete complex solutions for
specific customer requests.
* Assess and negotiate options to acquire assets (i.e. fiber or
space/power) for network development that supports customer's
* Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting
* Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, marketing,
finance, or economics or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 8+ years sales, product management, engineering, and/or
sales engineering experience including working knowledge of
business customer applications and network services.
* Solid understanding of the telecommunications business.
* Solid understanding of lit and dark Fiber Services (DWDM, Dark
Fiber, Co-location, and Fiber Construction services).
* Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and
strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this
* Solid understanding the Waves business and has proven ability to
design and implement a Waves network.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional
teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising
sales teams on proper systems and process.
* Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on
Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce is a
* Successful experience in a management role supporting large
* Strong business acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
* Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve customer
issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate
* Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, San Francisco , Business Development Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!