Associate Real Estate Project Manager
Company: Rocketship Public Schools
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Always striving to create inspiring and functional learning environments, Rocketship's Real Estate Development Team leads all new campus development projects across the different regions in which we operate. -This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Associate Director of Real Estate (ADRE). As part of Rocketship's Real Estate Team, the Associate Real Estate Project Manager (APM) will be supporting project teams through design development and construction of new elementary charter schools.
The APM will participate in weekly design and construction project meetings with the Architect, General Contractors, and Engineers, assisting the Rocketship Real Estate team with design, budget and schedule decisions. -Sometimes the APM will be the sole representative from Rocketship at the meeting. Some travel will be required (approx. one -3 day trip every other month) outside of California in order to attend project meetings, push permits, manage relationships and visit the construction sites. -Using and improving upon the existing processes, the APM will organize invoices for the project budgets, and assist in building and tracking project schedules and will participate in the review of new school drawings / plans with the other Rocketship Real Estate team members and in collaboration with the Schools and Operations Teams. The Associate Project Manager will have the opportunity to propose new construction methodologies, building systems, finishes, or tools in our team's continued effort to innovate.
For every school the Real Estate team builds, we seek out opportunities for positive social, environmental and educational impact. - -Inside our classrooms we are intently focused on building a positive work environment for our staff and fostering the best learning experience for our students. -On a macro-scale, we strive to create long-term value for the community, to build sustainably, contribute to solving climate change and push the envelope in educational design, all within the constraints of budget and schedule.
- Own the Rocketship mission, vision and strategy for facilities and how it supports Rocketship's internal teams, the schools and ultimately the families and communities that Rocketship serves
- Support ADRE on new school design in collaboration with external design-build teams and recommend future design improvements
- Support ADRE in working with local jurisdictions on securing the necessary entitlements approvals and permitting for new campus projects.
- Organize invoices by project for incorporation into the project budget (managed by other team members), providing assistance to team with project cost forecasting / analyses
- Monitor project schedules and assist with problem solving to ensure on-time delivery of school projects
- Monitor the work and services of major contractors and vendors, including annual review and recommendations for new relationships
- Assist in driving projects forward by compiling, distributing, and following-up on weekly project meeting task lists to the design-build team
- Review all contracts from the design-build team and coordinate contract administration.
- Monitor the project punch-lists to ensure timely completion and project close out
- Liaise with the Operations and Achievement staff to ensure smooth school start-up and long-term facility performance.
Preferred skills and experience
- 1-3 years of experience in project management, real estate, architecture or construction management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, and fast growing environment
- An evident passion for Rocketship's mission
- An evident passion for the built environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and critical thinking skills
- A team player who is detail oriented, organized, resourceful, proactively manages multiple critical deadlines and adapts quickly and confidently
- Must enjoy solving problems
Education and technical requirements
- Bachelor's degree; preferred (though flexible) in Real Estate, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning or a related field
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and Email required. -Ability to quickly learn new IT applications. Microsoft Project / Google Suite Software skills preferred.
- LEED certified or other sustainably-focused credentials a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible work location/schedule, and generous paid time off.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: / Search under Network Support Roles.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our and here for our . -For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Keywords: Rocketship Public Schools, San Francisco , Associate Real Estate Project Manager, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!