Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- Great careers are brewed here! Do you have a passion for coffee? Are you outgoing and friendly? Do you have lead barista or caf-- supervisory experience? Join us and become a part of the dynamic and growing illy team. Our Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the application of the Operating Procedures and in maintaining a positive environment, to provide fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. Shift Supervisors assist in training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Mission Statement. This position acts as the Manager on duty in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintains a clean, organized and stocked environment.
- Assists in the production and distribution of catering product.
- Carries out cashiering duties as set out in the company's cash-handling policy and performs POS duties.
- Opening and closing procedures while in coordination with the Store Manager as necessary.
- Accountable for store funds while running a shift.
- Assists the Store Manager in planning and executing of all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
- Assists Store Manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal, break and overtime policies.
- Provides guidance and actively sets an example for team members, ensuring that all Operating Procedures are maintained and followed.
- Follows and directs team members to follow store policies, procedures and adhere to merchandising and cleanliness standards.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the Store Manager. Reports/documents team member accidents, conducts initial investigation and determinations of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members follow the Operating Procedures lead by greeting and responding to all customers with fast, efficient, friendly and personalized service. Strives to develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Consistently monitors the company's service standards.
- Responsible for the correct preparation of all company drink recipes, following the company's recipes, to maintain the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our recipes, the various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts, as well as, knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Tastes products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
- Insures associates proper personal hygiene, grooming and dress.
- All employees may be required to transfer to any other store or to change hours of work if necessary either on a temporary or permanent basis. ACTIONS TAKEN:
- Make sure all illy products are being served and prepared properly.
- Conducts daily quality control.
- Stocking of store.
- Cleanliness of store.
- Maintaining proper coverage of team
- Adherence to proper schedule including managing of breaks, lunch breaks and overtime control. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of retail and six months of specialty coffee experience. Previous lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate and train fellow team members.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team. Ability to build relationships.
- In order to properly assist the Store Manager and avoid contradictory orders, the Shift Supervisor must communicate fully with the Store Manager. It is recommended that the Shift Supervisor be in telephone contact with the Store Manager the day before assuming responsibility in that branch.
- May be asked to perform any other duties as required by Store Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Must adhere to Core Values of: Passion for Quality, Trust/Respect, Teamwork, Empowerment, and Innovation.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and frequently bend and twist from the waist. illy caff-- San Francisco, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefit package Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)/Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Keywords: Illy, San Francisco , Shift Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!