Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Quid builds software that augments human intelligence. We're defining a new market and pioneering technology that helps strategic thinkers make decisions in a fraction of the time. Quid algorithms reveal patterns in large, unstructured datasets and then generate beautiful, actionable visualizations.
Our mission: We power human intuition with machine intelligence, enabling organizations to make decisions that matter.
Read about what our engineers are working on at Quid and see our product in action:
- What are diabetes patients really saying?
- What can banks do to improve customer happiness?
- What technologies are shaping the future of online video?
- What should hotels focus on first?
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting activities. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining general accounting practices and policies, developing and monitoring internal accounting controls, producing US GAAP compliant reporting and managing day-to-day accounting operations and period close. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit coordination and the support of budget and forecast activities. The successful candidate will report directly to our Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
- Manage the month-end/quarter-end and year-end financial closing, which includes the full revenue recognition process (SaaS preferably). Monitoring and managing monthly bookings from various sales sources.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes. Prepare the month end close process for international subsidiaries.
- Assist with Coordination of a successful annual audit process and prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed. Work to continually improve and strengthen the internal control environment.
- Technical lead to assess, implement changes, and monitor compliance based on ASC 606, 718, new FASB pronouncements, and any other industry technical guidance.
- Prepares quarterly ASC 718 stock-based compensation expense entries and ensure the proper recording of all equity activity for both common and preferred stock transactions.
- Oversee US and International payroll and ensure that all deadlines are met consistently.
- Assist with US and international corporate tax preparation and prepare and submit sales tax.
- Possess the ability to work closely with cross functional teams (Operations, Sales, HR, IT and FP&A).
- CPA license required
- 6+ years of proven accounting experience with at least 3 years small to mid-sized organizations with a SaaS business model and "ownership" of the accounting function
- Hands on and proactive approach to problem solving in addition to being highly detail-oriented and the ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to succinctly communicate complex messaging in a credible and clear manner
- Knowledge in: Intaact, Quickbooks, Tallie, Bill.com, Avatax, Trinet Payroll
If you are a self-starter, critical thinker and enjoy working in a culture that is fast-paced, collaborative and fun, we invite you to apply today!
Please note before submitting your application: As a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Quid may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or onsite interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process with whom we identify a potential fit.
Quid is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Quid, San Francisco , Accounting Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!