Senior Product Manager - Premium Author Products
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Company Overview is a venture-backed, for-profit business based
in San Francisco whose mission is to accelerate the world's
research. Our platform enables researchers worldwide to
effortlessly find and access academic papers, stay current with
peers and relevant research areas, and enhance their ability to
publish and distribute their work. With over 100 million academic
papers, a vast user base of over 250 million and adoption by over
half of the academic community, we're at the forefront of
transforming the $25 billion academic publishing industry.The
RoleWe are seeking a high-performing Senior Product Manager (Sr PM)
to lead our Premium Products team. In this key role, you'll focus
on creating and launching new academic products, aimed at
addressing the specific needs of academics and researchers. Your
mandate will involve identifying and understanding the unique
challenges faced by various academic sub-groups, and developing a
strategy and solutions that not only engage them, but also drive
them to subscribe and retain to Academia.Key Responsibilities
- Strategize, define, and prioritize the product roadmap for new
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams across engineering,
design, data, and UXR.
- Oversee the development, planning, and design of new products
from concept to market.
- Utilize product metrics to guide decision-making and evaluate
- Craft product requirements for MVPs and feature
- Contribute to the overarching product strategy
- Drive business impactRequirements:
- Minimum 5 years of B2C online product management
- Proven expertise in scaling products to millions of users
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant business impact
- Customer-centric approach with a knack for data-driven
- Leadership experience in engineering, user research, UX, and
- Extensive experience with A/B testing and user research (both
qualitative and quantitative)
- Startup experience is essential; bonus for a history of
successful product pivots
- Technical understanding and ability to engage in high-level
technical discussionsPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience in launching products from inception to market
- Background in working with Large Language Models (LLMs)What's
in it for you?
- Mission-Driven Company: Join a company that is mission-driven
but that is also financially secure and stable.
- Leadership: Lead the definition and implementation of entire
- Impact: Make a significant contribution to the user experience,
driving growth and enhancing user satisfaction.
- Career Growth: Explore opportunities for career
- Kind Company Culture: Work for an organization that values
kindness, fostering a supportive and inclusive work culture.
- Competitive Compensation: Enjoy a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package.$200,000 - $250,000 a yearDiversity
and InclusionAcademia is a proud equal-opportunity employer and we
are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Academia.edu, San Francisco , Senior Product Manager - Premium Author Products, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!