Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Company Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond When you join the
Federal Reserve-the nation's central bank-you'll play a key role,
collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and
protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We invest in
contemporary and emerging technology each year to support the
Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and
diverse team for our future.Bring your passion and expertise, and
we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel
your growth-along with a wide range of benefits and perks that
support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive
compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that
includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch
health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional
development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All
brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly
find balance. About the Opportunity The Cloud Platform Foundation
Product Line is seeking a Product Manager who is passionate about
the next generation of software products running in the cloud. The
Cloud Platform Foundation team delivers secure capabilities to host
applications that run the systems for Federal Reserve business
lines. A strong understanding of Cloud Technologies, Cloud Service
Providers, Cloud Infrastructure, and Cloud Native requirements for
applications are critical skills to this position. This position is
a people manager role with a team of 6 Product Owners reporting to
the Product Manager. The Product Manager is accountable for the
end-to-end lifecycle of one or more digital products to maximize
business results that will position the technology solutions of the
Federal Reserve. Translates customer needs and uncovers key
problems that can be solved by their product. Establishes the
product vision and strategy to solve customer problems and meet
organizational goals. Sets the goals, defines success, help
motivate teams, and is responsible for the outcomes. Drives product
vision to reality.As a Cloud Product Manager, you will drive the
success of a team of cloud engineers and analysts to security,
compute and infrastructure components of our Cloud Platform
capabilities. You will be part of a strong, collaborative team in a
fast-paced, environment built on SAFe Agile principles that is
scaling our enterprise level cloud infrastructure and operations by
managing a group of talented Product Owners, partner closely with
Engineering Chapter Leads, and executive leadership to develop a
cohesive Product Strategy and Roadmap. What you will do: The
candidate in this role will work with a team of cloud professionals
to ensure that cloud capabilities developed across several scrum
teams fulfill our customer and stakeholder requirements. In
addition, close alignment and partnership with our Application
Development Teams and Customers is required to facilitate the
alignment of requirements externally with work we are doing
internally to mature and scale the cloud.
- Manage a team of Cloud Product Owners responsible for driving
development, innovation and scaling of the cloud platform
infrastructure and supporting services.
- Partner across district banks, Application Development Teams,
and internal customers looking to leverage cloud technologies to
understand the 3-6-12 month forward looking requirements to define
and lead strategy and roadmap to ensure success in the cloud.
- Partner with Solutions and Release Train Engineers to develop
and maintain a backlog of work to drive prioritization at the
sprint and PI levels.
- Collaborate with internal Cloud Leadership team to drive
maturity around SRE and Agile practices and streamline customer
onboarding with our Enablement, Site Reliability and Agile
- Proactively partner with Engineering Chapter Leads to identify
opportunities to streamline the Product Management/Engineering
Management engagement model.
- Calibrate regularly with Engineering Chapter Leads on
engineering team strengths as well as skill set gaps to ensure the
right resources are available to support the Cloud
- Create feedback loops for customers, internal business partners
and Engineering Chapter Leads to provide regular, ongoing feedback
about Product Management to help identify thematic feedback to
drive Product Management improvements.
- Develop product specific documentation demonstrating the
capabilities of the Public Cloud and Public Cloud Roadmaps for the
National IT Team.
- Advocate for, and act as an evangelist for Cloud across the FRB
- As needed, act as the executive leader present on
cross-functional initiatives and meetings to ensure proper
representation of the Cloud team in reoccurring meetings providing
input across the FRB System for the Cloud Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 7+ years of Product Management or relevant work experience
- 1+ year of supervisory or people leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Computer Science, Information
Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to work with
leadership, product teams, and customers.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent,
demonstrated process management skills; project and goal
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in
a high-pressure environment including during disaster
- Ability to keep up to date with trends in Cloud product
delivery and update department practices to remain
- The ability to travel once a quarter for critical, in-person
meetings. Preferred Skills:
- Advanced expertise in development and use of product roadmaps
and product visions.
- Knowledge of and ability to lead within an agile environment;
comfort leveraging agile lean portfolio management methods.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Ability to effectively align day-to-day activities and
processes of the team with high priority objectives and ongoing
- Certification in Agile/SAFe frameworks preferred.
- AWS Certification preferred. Discover the Reason Why So Many
People Love It Here! When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will
you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have
access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your
health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun! Other Requirements
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to
ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability,
please notify email@example.com.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve
entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required
to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those
organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to
vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.).
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected
candidate will be subject to a government security investigation
and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S.
Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green
- The hiring range for the Manager - Product Manager position is
$119,300 - $164,010 annually.
- For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary
ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and
the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in
the job qualifications.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested
candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by Monday February
19th, 2024 Full Time / Part Time Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No) Yes Job Category Other Work Shift
First (United States of America) The Federal Reserve Banks believe
that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our
success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and
retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The
Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity
for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law
and to an environment where employees are valued for their
differences. Privacy Notice
Keywords: Knewin, San Francisco , Product Management, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!