Service Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Location:San Francisco, CA,California,United States Job ID:73108
We Elevate... You Our mission is to keep cities and people around
the world moving. Since 1874 Schindler has an outstanding
reputation for not only elevating buildings, but the well-being of
everyone who lives and works in them. Do you have the talent,
ambition, and vision to help us elevate tomorrow's world? Find out
more about us here - Company Website or LinkedIn As a leading
employer in the urban mobility industry, we are always looking for
a diverse group of people who can create exceptional value for our
customers. Join us as a Service Operations Manager Your Skills The
Service Operations Manager should provide management of company's
activities and functions relating to the ongoing repair,
maintenance and retention of all products existing within our
portfolio as well as partnering as necessary with the General
Manager - Service to support any acquisition and recovery efforts
for units outside our portfolio within an assigned geographic span.
This work is to be fulfilled in a manner which achieves customer
satisfaction as well as the strategic business objectives of the
- Execute the territory operations business plan in support of
the region's financial and non-financial objectives and support the
implementation of territory operations initiatives.
- Develop a recommended operational budget in partnership with
the General Manager - Service and manage expenditures within
approved specifications for time and materials and other fixed
assets including parts inventory, company tools and vehicles for
the most cost-effective results.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of operational BDPs for
service delivery cost improvement goals on each initiative.
- Responsible for managing operational budget via appropriate
asset management measures and proper billing procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with key
customers and influential industry consultants through personal
contact and staff assignments.
- Ensure process adherence to a strong customer excellence plan
designed to deliver high quality service and grow loyalty with
- Responsible for managing, mentoring and leading a team of Field
Superintendents and Project Managers by setting and clarifying
employee objectives, managing their ongoing performance and
continuously developing their skills, all in an effort to drive the
service team to meet required financial targets/metrics and
- Responsible for the hire and onboarding of new Service
Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Establish procedures and leadership practices to create a
business environment for participative management, maintain high
morale of subordinates and demonstrate strong support of
Schindler's cultural beliefs and best practices.
- Engage in pro-active labor relations with local business agents
with the support of Schindler's Labor Relations team.
- Set expectations for Field Technician engagement and provide
Superintendents with the support necessary to provide ongoing
training and performance management essential to productivity and
quality improvement and ensuring the active participation of all
technicians in performance reviews.
- Advise Superintendents on manpower movement, particularly
specialists, including but not limited to adjusters, hydraulic
mechanics, escalator mechanics.
- Ensure all required service operations meetings are effective.
Lead meetings where appropriate.
- Provide expert technical knowledge for any project that needs
additional oversight or intervention.
- Interface with Product Line experts on operational challenges,
including but not limited to product issues, safety concerns, parts
- Ensure coordination of personnel and product safety
responsibilities in partnership with Field Quality Excellence
organization including driving personnel safety training and
process adherence and the execution of proper technical training
and equipment testing. Your Experience
- BA/BS Business / Management / Engineering
- Multiple years of experience in various assignments within the
Company, in the Elevator industry, or in another service-oriented
- Possess overall knowledge of product and product application;
service techniques and procedures; ability to understand financial
statements; legal awareness to contract terms and conditions
- Experience managing a small to mid-sized P&L for an
- People management experience
- Legal awareness to contract terms and conditions
- Required knowledge of software and/or any programs to be used
including the level of expertise. Computer Literate with working
knowledge of Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and SAP
- Strong skills of coaching and persuasion are essential to the
position in the daily internal and external business
- Both written and oral communication skills are essential in the
successful negotiation of customer disputes, labor problems, as
well as in the effective training of personnel. Our Commitment ---
Fully vested 401k match (up to 7% of total compensation). ---
Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans - Effective from first
day of hire. --- 3 weeks' vacation which increases with tenure, 7
sick days, 3 floating holidays and 8 Company Observed Holidays. ---
Tuition Reimbursement - Eligible after 6 months of service. ---
Parental Leave - 100% base pay for 6 consecutive weeks within first
year of a child's birth or adoption. --- Partnership with Maven
Milk to ship breast milk for employees traveling on Schindler
business. Will you join us and elevate tomorrow's World? We look
forward to receiving your complete online application. At Schindler
Group we value inclusion and diversity, and practice equity to
create equal opportunities for all. We endeavor that all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, ethnic background, color, religious affiliation,
union affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, nationality, genetics and health,
disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Knewin, San Francisco , Service Operations Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!