Technical Project Manager - Customer Success
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Overview (YCombinator S18) uses Generative AI to automate
document review for Finance and Accounting teams at companies like
Zoom, Zendesk and Cloudflare.. Klarity solves the problem of messy
and incomplete data in systems like Salesforce and Netsuite. The
RoleKlarity's key customers are seasoned CFOs, Controllers, and
Revenue Accounting leaders who are also cutting edge in their
commitment to innovating very manual, high-stakes document review
processes. Klarity's main use cases are Billing, Order Management
and Revenue Recognition. We are looking for someone exceptional to
be our first Technical Project Manager. Your job will be to fully
own the implementation experience for Klarity's largest enterprise
customers and deliver excellent outcomes. It is a role that
straddles people, process and product and you will work with a
broad set of internal client-facing teams.We recently launched
Klarity 2.0 - a Gen AI native product version - to much customer
fanfare. We're experiencing hypergrowth and significantly exceeding
revenue targets. Much of this growth is coming from Klarity's
largest enterprise customers so your role will be critical in
meeting this demand and delivering a supreme customer
experience.Responsibilities:To own the entire implementations
lifecycle from start to finish.
- Lead the discovery process to deeply understand the customer,
their business objectives, their workflows, and their goals.
- Make sense of ambiguous and/or complicated business
requirements and translate them for a variety of audiences.
- Distinguish between "must-have" and "nice-to-have"
- Foster strong relationships with multiple stakeholders on the
- Exhibit the quality-of-judgment and gravitas to win the trust
of customer executives and skeptics.
- Be the primary point of contact to the customer for the
- Provide regular status updates on milestones and the overall
project for internal and external audiences.
- Communicate priorities and requirements across internal teams
with clarity and respect.
- Project management:
- Define project milestones and meet them; clearly communicate
dependencies and ownership.
- Identify and mitigate project risks such as scope creep,
stakeholder engagement, customer IT resourcing, internal backlogs;
escalate appropriately to internal and/or customer executives.
- Process building:
- Maintain knowledge of all product features including the
ability to train new users.
- Contribute to the standardization and promote best practices
within the implementation processes while Klarity continues our
- 5-10 years prior experience in Technical Project Management,
Sales/Success/Solution Engineers, or other Customer-facing roles
with Mid-Market or Enterprise business customers.
- Strong track record of successful implementations to blue-chip
customers of $200k+ Annual Contract Value.
- A desire to be on the bleeding edge of Gen AI and be the first
to develop the Enterprise Gen AI implementations playbook.
- You have the desire and ability to go deep into the weeds of
complex enterprise workflows like RevRec, Billing and Order
Management. You are familiar with the enterprise Finance stack:
CRM, ERP, CLM.
- Sufficient comfort with technical complexity to break
requirements into bite sized chunks that can be delegated to
engineers. Not needing to loop in tech support for anything
- You enjoy high-paced environments where you get to wear
- You enjoy the feeling of being outside your comfort zone and
building new processes to reduce ambiguity for others.
- You have a history of fostering strong working relationships
with customers and teammates. Equally, you are able to respectfully
but assertively handle tension; be it scope external creep or
internal deadline adherance.
- Ownership mentality and initiative - if you see something needs
to be done, go do it!
- Meets and adheres to Service Level Agreement standards on a
Keywords: Klarity, San Francisco , Technical Project Manager - Customer Success, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!