Area Conference Services Manager
Company: Hotel Zelos
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Sage Hospitality is seeking an Area Conference Services Manager to
assist Hotel Zeppelin, Hotel Zelos and Hotel Zetta in San
Hotel Zeppelin , retreat to a bold, bohemian salute to the rebels,
revolutionaries, and rock 'n rollers who shaped the San Francisco
we know and love.
Hotel Zelos , a sleek, stylish hub in the heart of San Francisco's
vibrant shopping, dining, and entertainment district, Hotel Zelos
is a fashion-forward oasis where business and pleasure meet, and
where inspiration and passion await.
Hotel Zetta , for the bold and the brave, this creative haven is
steeped in a playful, adventurous spirit. One-of-a-kind touches,
distinctive design, and dynamic art fill every stay with surprise
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the
best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in
enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we
empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities
in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build
relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and
we create unforgettable experiences.
No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is
about more than the work you do - it's really about who you are,
which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We
hope you consider joining us!
Our Area Conference Services Manager is responsible for planning,
organizing and managing the in-house details for large group and
convention booking (e.g. Guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.),
participating in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and
all related requirements. They will ensure maximization of room and
meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality
product. They will focus on execution of all aspects of event
planning including coordination from the signing of a group
contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming
- Responsible for the management and planning of
meetings/conventions and related activities.
- Attends Banquet Event Order (BEO) and staff meetings and perform
as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in
the event delivery process.
- Achieve a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of
activity goals, as established by management.
- Coordination of all group business as developed by the sales
manager. Contact and appropriately follow-up on all
signed/contracted business within 5 working days. Determination and
coordination of all event planning needs.
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file
management in order to serve client and the employer in the most
expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system
including trace dates and references resulting in superior account
service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client
communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and
- Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time
through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield
opportunities and sales effectiveness.
- Detail, up-sell and detail the program with the client including;
verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual,
times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the
appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service.
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that
program requirements are satisfied. Anticipate and handle customer
complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery,
customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Oversees all billing details for hotel groups to include
processing of deposits, direct bill applications, credit card
authorizations and coordination with accounting.
- Improve hotel convention services' products through; (a)
participate in the development of new sales tools and systems, (b)
participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our
competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and
satisfaction of our customers' needs.
- Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details
to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery
of a quality product.
- Attend and lead pre-conference meetings as needed. Coordinate the
pre-con between the client and hotel staff and review the details
of the BEO with all parties.
- Close out all groups to include pickup in sales system (Delphi)
and commission owed, including processing with accounting.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by
Keywords: Hotel Zelos, San Francisco , Area Conference Services Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!