Director, Supply Planning
Company: Vaxcyte Inc.
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Company Profile:Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine
innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect
humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company
is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines
to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte's lead
candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal
conjugate vaccine being developed for the prevention of invasive
pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way
highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic
techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively
licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike
conventional cell-based approaches, the Company's system for
producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to
accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver
high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits.
Vaxcyte's pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded
breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a
prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep
infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to
slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is
driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which
have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked.
For more information, visit .Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos,
CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of
approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant
growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which
generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company's
balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of
novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company
announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity
data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in
adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a
best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace
the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is
being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most
serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with
immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the
global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the
public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can
offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte's PCV franchise,
consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to
address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest
protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs
could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of
clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints,
consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in
the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy
studies.Summary:This role leads the supply planning team and has
overall responsibility to ensure we have enough inventory to
fulfill demand while minimizing write-offs due to product expiry.
Role will have direct reports and be responsible for clinical and
commercial products.Essential Functions:
- Ensure we have feasible supply plans and maintain adequate
inventory levels to meet our global commercial, clinical and
development needs across the full breadth of our supply chain
(critical raw materials, intermediates, Drug Substance, Drug
Product and Finished Goods).
- Ensure that supply plans and safety stock targets adequately
reflect risks related to demand, production performance, quality,
shelf life and other key variables.
- Work cross functionally with program management, process
development, quality, regulatory, commercial, finance, logistics,
clinical supply and CMO / supplier management to ensure that supply
plans are feasible.
- Determine capacity requirements for production and
- Perform scenario planning as needed to support operational and
strategic decision making.
- Lead efforts to determine optimum filling strategies, container
sizes and production scales.
- Ensure we have robust tools for supply planning as our supply
chain grows in complexity and we approach commercial launch.
- Lead the implementation of and serve as business owner for ERP
processes related to inventory ordering and inventory
- Project costs of goods sold under multiple scenarios.
- Oversee activities to project inventory spend.
- Oversee activities to project expected inventory levels in
terms of units, months on hand and value.
- Oversee creation of supply dashboards to help organization
understand overall status and risk areas.
- Oversee provision of supply forecasts to suppliers and
- Define and monitor KPIs including forecast accuracy, delivery
performance, yield, and reject rate.
- Proactively identify potential supply risks and initiate
actions to mitigate.
- Support the process to select new CMOs and suppliers.
- Support process to negotiate commercial supply agreements with
CMOs and suppliers.
- Develop and own the commercial launch plan from a supply
- Design and Lead the Sales & Operations planning process as we
approach commercial launch.Requirements:
- B.S. / B.A. degree or Advanced Degree (preferred).
- 10+ years of experience working in pharmaceutical / biotech
- Strong Knowledge of GMPs.
- Strong Experience leading Cross-Functional teams.
- Strong experience managing direct reports.
- Strong experience working with CMOs and Suppliers of pharma
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against
COVID-19.Reports to: Executive Director, Global Supply Chain
Location: San Carlos, CACompensation:The compensation package will
be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity
component.Salary Range: $197,000 - $234,000Send resumes to:
Vaxcyte, Inc. 825 Industrial Road, Suite 300San Carlos, CA
Keywords: Vaxcyte Inc., San Francisco , Director, Supply Planning, Executive , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!