Senior Manager, Fraud Analytics
Company: Upgrade, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
About the Role:
Upgrade's Fraud Analytics team is looking for a Fraud Analytics
Senior Manager who is passionate in fighting against fraud and has
extensive experience in building teams and being a people manager.
This leader should specialize in analyzing fraud patterns while
creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms to not
only solve emerging fraud trends, but also to provide a great
experience to our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a wide variety of partners in the company, such as
product experts, platform engineers and back-end operation to
mitigate and manage Upgrade financial loss caused by fraud risk
such as third party identity fraud, first party fraud, ACH returns,
unauthorized card chargeback and account take-over.
- Apply advanced statistical techniques, algorithms, and industry
tools to develop solutions that predict and prevent fraud risk
associated with Upgrade products.
- Build fraud risk related variables based on fraudulent trends
- Create robust and customer-friendly policies to reduce dispute
abuse in identity fraud claims, ACH, and card transactions.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in one of the following: economics,
finance, engineering, statistics or a related field.
- 6+ years experience in performing data management and
- Prior leadership experience building and leading a small
- Prior experience in Transactional Fraud Risk
- Working knowledge of ACH return and card transaction dispute
processes a plus
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with proven
ability to perform detailed analysis in real world
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must,
including the ability to explain and/or present analyses and convey
complex ideas to all audiences
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to
think creatively and strategically
- Proficiency using SQL and querying relational
- Excellent spoken and written English
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Python and Tableau a plus
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is USD
$125,000 - $140,000 annually plus equity and benefits. Within this
range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of
factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge,
skills, education, and experience.
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This
California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide
information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal
information to California consumers who apply for employment with
Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee
Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this
notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number,
social security number, driver license number, passport number, and
other personal identifying information. Characteristics of
protected classifications under California or federal law,
including demographic information and other personal information
obtained during the application process, such as gender, race,
national origin. Professional or employment-related information,
such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation
or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other
information in support of your application, reference information,
other information obtained through background checks, including
employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information.
Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job
application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To
communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process.
To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are
offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and
administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental,
vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human
resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor
work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials,
training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve
recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient
working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory
requirements including state and federal company reporting
Keywords: Upgrade, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Manager, Fraud Analytics, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!