MDS Assessment Manager
Company: Sequoia Living
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are hiring a MDS Assessment Manager who maintains standards
of nursing care and implements policies and procedures of the
facility and nursing department. Manages the interdisciplinary team
process including development of the care plan based on completed
Minimum Data Set (MDS) to assure regulatory compliance and address
special needs of each resident. Produces assessments for two
skilled nursing communities.What You Will Do:
- Maintains current knowledge and skills with respect to Title
22, OBRA, nursing procedures, and computer technology.
- Responsible for the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI),
admission process for new residents, and for initiating the
discharge planning process.
- Institutes and helps to maintain resident care plans by
utilizing the MDS, Resident Assessment Protocols (RAP), and
computerized care planning program.
- Schedules initial, quarterly, and significant change Minimum
Data Sets for each resident. Maintains calendar of
interdisciplinary care team. Communicates with residents and
families regarding care planning meetings and encourages families,
responsible parties, and residents to attend and participate in the
care planning process.
- Coordinates with the Director of Nursing to assess if a change
of resident condition has occurred and initiates a new assessment
- Assesses each resident quarterly and annually. Completes the
manual and computerized nursing assessment sections of the MDS.
Initiates "Fall Assessment" protocol and verifies completion.
- Assesses triggered items on the MDS and makes decisions to
maintain or delete triggered items. Using the information gathered
evaluates and develops Resident Care Plans.
- Based on nursing diagnostic indicators and input from RN staff,
assesses additional resident needs to be included in the Care Plan.
Using the information gathered, evaluates and develops Resident
- Manages the interdisciplinary team process and facilitates
weekly meetings; coordinates interdisciplinary staff completion of
MDS, Care Plan, and progress notes; verifies that each
interdisciplinary member completes a care plan based on assessment
and problems triggered by MDS.
- Communicates with physicians regarding resident care plans and
obtains signature on the plan.
- Monitors nursing notes on a routine basis to verify that the
Resident Care Plan is correctly reflected in documentation.
- Monitors, with the Director of Nursing, the special needs of
residents on psychoactive drugs, fall prevention program, turning,
and toileting schedules. Verifies that all disciplines are care
planned appropriately, all approaches considered, and documentation
- Educates licensed nursing staff in the care planning process by
reviewing MDS form. Mentors licensed nursing staff during
collection of nursing data and reviews completed form.
- Writes Care Area Assessment (CAA) for residents triggered by
MDS after review of Care Plan.
- Performs related work as assigned.Why Work Here:
- $50.62 - $58.21/hr
- We have medical and dental coverage or pay a cash stipend if
you are covered on another plan. Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits,
Emergency Relief Fund, and much more!
- We offer on the job training and professional development
opportunities.Who You Are:
- Current California RN license required. Bachelor's degree in
nursing preferred. Basic Life Support Certification required.
Minimum two (2) years prior experience as a registered nurse in
long-term care, acute care, restorative care, or geriatric nursing
setting. Resident Assessment Coordinator-(RAC-CT) Certification
preferred. Supervisory responsibility and experience in a geriatric
setting preferred.2 years MDS nurse experience required.Who We
Are:Founded in 1958, Sequoia Living is a Bay Area-based nonprofit
organization dedicated to providing older adults with stimulating,
joyful living environments and services that support and enrich
their lives. Throughout our six decades as a nonprofit serving Bay
Area seniors, we've learned the importance of connection and
collaboration when it comes to providing resources for healthy
aging. From our continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) to
safe affordable housing, engaging senior centers, and a
purpose-filled volunteer program, we provide friendly environments
where people can explore and discover what it means to grow
stronger, wiser, and more joyful.Sequoia Living is an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Sequoia Living, San Francisco , MDS Assessment Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...