Senior Product Manager, Insurance
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We're looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our
Insurance Product Pod, reporting to the Director of Product -
Insurance. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team in
creating solutions for an array of insurance products. You'll
balance a deep understanding of our target customers with a
data-driven approach to decision making that ensures we're driving
value for both our customers and the business.
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, security and
insurance leads and product owners on detailed and complex
- Leverage a solid technical understanding of front end, back-end
and data engineering architecture to help drive technical design
discussions, understand technical dependencies and communicate
requirements to your team
- Manage scope, balance trade-offs, define goals, set priorities
and oversee a backlog of features from story to acceptance
throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Create short- and long-term roadmaps that balance core platform
capabilities with near-term features needs
- Make and communicate decisions based on data and evidence;
enable data collection for analysis
- Communicate strategy, priorities, and roadmap to all relevant
participants and stakeholders
- Contribute to a Product team culture of iterating on both
products and processes
- 8+ years experience building B2C or B2B insurance products
working with a team of engineers, designers and QA
- Strong knowledge of insurance fundamentals, including personal
lines and/or commercial auto industry and practices
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment as a
- Comfortable with a multi-stakeholder environment, creating
consensus and making timely decisions as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable operating in a distributed work environment
Salary: $200,000 to $265,000*
- Important note: all offered salaries are based on many factors,
including experience in a similar role and geographic location of
- Benefits: We provide a wide variety of health, wellness and
other benefits.These include medical, dental, vision, life
insurance and supplemental income plans for you and your
dependents, a Headspace app subscription, monthly wellness
allowance and a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Work from Home Equipment: Given our virtual environment- in
order to set you up for success at home, a one-time payment of $2K
will be provided to cover the purchase of in-home office equipment
and furniture at your discretion. Also, our teams work with MacBook
Pros, which we will deliver to you fully provisioned prior to your
- Paid Time Off: All employees accrue four weeks of PTO in their
first year of employment. New parents receive twelve weeks of fully
paid parental leave which may be taken within one year after the
birth and/or adoption of a child. The twelve weeks is applicable to
both birthing and non-birthing parent.
- Personal and Professional Development: We're committed to
investing in and helping our people grow personally and
professionally. All employees receive up to $5000 each year for
professional learning, continuing education and career development.
All team members also receive Udemy subscriptions and access to
multiple different coaching opportunities through
- Location: We are a remote-first company for most positions so
you may work from anywhere you like in the U.S, excluding U.S.
territories. Occasional travel may be required for team meetings or
company gatherings. Employees based in the San Francisco Bay Area
or in Providence, Rhode Island may commute to one of our local
offices as desired.
- Hours: We maintain core meeting hours from 9AM - 3PM Pacific
time for collaborating with team members across all time zones.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and
County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: BlueOwl, San Francisco , Senior Product Manager, Insurance, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...