Assistant Community Manager - Apt./Condo (Affordable)
Company: Goldrich Kest
Location: San Pablo
Posted on: May 27, 2023
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
- Salary Range: $20-$24 hourly (DOE)
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:30pm)
- Apartment Unit: This position does not come with a comped
- Non-Exempt Essential Functions
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It
is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of
this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform
job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
- Assist Community Manager with leading and managing direct
- Help to maintain high occupancy levels by assisting the
Community Manager maintain a viable waiting list and preparation of
three hopper files per unit size.
- Ensure move-in's are completed in 5 days in accordance with GK
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state agency
requirements including, but not limited to HUD Multifamily programs
(specifically Project Based Section 8), HOME, Bond and Tenant
Selection Plan requirements.
- Support quality control by ensuring staff is recording accurate
data on waitlist applicants, assign units in the order provided by
the waitlist, and ensure all transactions are accurately completed
in Onesite using GK policy and procedures.
- Respond to resident complaints and provide resolutions.
- Prepare lease documents. Verify compliance with lease files,
accurate completion of applications, income verifications, asset
verifications, and other related paperwork.
- Help to inspect community and assess condition, including
market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds.
Inspect for any potential liabilities and immediately report to
- Assist with preparation of move out statements within 5 days of
- Assist in the processing of all invoices for timely
- Help Community Manager to monitor community compliance with all
Fair Housing regulations and with local ordinance and laws related
to company or community specific guidelines in occupancy standards,
demonstrating at all times firm, fair, and consistent
administration of all legal and company policies and
- Report all reasonable accommodations and submit required
documents to Risk Management in accordance to GK policy.
- Assist Community Manager when needed, serve as community
representative for all court proceedings including evictions and
small claims cases.
- Help Community Manager to monitor and implement rent increases,
utility changes, and HAP contract renewals. Other Responsibilities:
- Assist in rent collection and expense control.
- Assist in processing and completing annual and interim HUD
recertification's on schedule ensuring compliance with all
- Assist with the completion of MOR reviews.
- Assist with annual unit inspections and helps to ensure repairs
are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performance of safety and risk management
functions of the community, including submitting incident reports
in a timely manner.
- Make the resident living experience, particularly the first and
last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Assist Community Manager to reinforce company objectives and
encourage team participation in company-provided training such as
fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and Tenant Landlord laws, and HUD
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, ethnic
backgrounds, and remain sensitive to issues facing veterans,
homeless, disabled, elderly, family, and other diverse
- Proven professional verbal and written communication skills in
exchanging information with residents, corporate, and site team
- Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team
- Possess professional, friendly telephone and greeting skills.
Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective
communication and customer relation skills, internal and
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures. Ability to
establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to
exercise initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Demonstrate
high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs,
Internet and e-mail. Must have prior property management software
knowledge. Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Some college coursework or Bachelor's degree highly
- Experienced and knowledgeable of HUD policy in regards to
Section 8 Multi-Family Housing preferred.
- At least 1+ year's property/community management experience at
the Assistant Manager level preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service and administrative
- Basic bookkeeping and general mathematical principles
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication
Preferred knowledge of Onesite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Outlook, Ulti Pro, and the Internet. Requires
intermediate typing skills. Ability to use telephone voicemail,
fax, and copy machine.
Requires mobility and walking to several locations, including
walking up/down stairs, some bending, stooping and stretching. May
require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds, usually file boxes.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to
record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically
access all exterior and interior parts of the community and
amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature,
weather, odors and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
Work schedule may vary based on demand.
Keywords: Goldrich Kest, San Francisco , Assistant Community Manager - Apt./Condo (Affordable), Executive , San Pablo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...