ILSP Program Manager - San Francisco, California
Company: First Place
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Want to make a difference? Want to help support young adults
with their futures? Do you live in, or near, San Francisco,
California? Then come work for First Place for Youth!
ABOUT US First Place for Youth is the largest provider of housing
and comprehensive services for transition-age foster youth in the
state of California. We're giving young people the tools, support,
and opportunities they need to take control of their own lives and
create the futures they want. We've built a 20+ year record of
success, measured not just by the number of youth who walk through
our doors, but by the outcomes they achieve. POSITION SUMMARY The
ILSP Program Manager is responsible to ensure high-quality services
and effective daily operations of all aspects of the Independent
Living Skills Program and associated programs in San Francisco.
Duties include contract, site, services, and human resource
management including hiring, evaluation, coaching, and training.
The Program Manager is responsible to ensure program outcomes,
managing external relationships, and developing and promoting the
reputation of First Place for Youth at all times. The Program
Manager provides leadership congruent with agency policy, values
and mission provides management reports as required, and leads
significant program committees or functions as assigned. The
Program Manager ensures timely and accurate budgeting, reporting,
and operations in accordance with agency policy, contracts, and
budgets. Meets or exceeds program outputs and outcomes in all
domains. Ensures the highest quality service and program delivery.
Integrates values and regulatory (agency, local, state, and
federal) compliance in all aspects of documentation and record
management. Support high-quality internal collaboration to meet
youth goals across agency programs BENEFITS
- Full-time position
- 15 days of vacation time in year one
- 12 days of sick time
- 2 flexible holidays
- 14 paid holidays
- Paid sabbatical
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Employee's choice of Kaiser or UCH HMO/PPO
- Up to 90% of premium covered by First Place
- Delta Dental Premium PPO
- VSP Vision
- Retirement opportunities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes responsibility for every aspect of the daily operations
of the assigned region and staff team;
- Provides leadership and training ensuring excellence in
provided services including congruence with agency and program
values and design.
- Acts as a systems specialist in assigned program areas (E & L,
Safety, Chart Audits, Collaborative liaison) as assigned.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and insuring
compliance with program standards including but not limited to:
intake, discharge, vacancy and forecast, contract requirements,
documentation, and standards where appropriate.
- Completes routine management reports and data on program
activities and outcomes as assigned Community Development:
- Acts as a liaison with the County Child Welfare Services,
Probation, and other community service providers in assuring that
program remains responsive to families and the community's needs
without compromising to program intent;
- Works closely with Child Welfare Workers and Probation Officers
to build and maintain relationships and to ensure the quality of
care with youth and families served;
- Represents agency interests and advances agency reputation at
all meetings with county and other stakeholders. Supervision and
- Recruits, hires, and trains staff; Provides leadership to
- Directly supervises staff as assigned, provides one hour of
formal supervision weekly in addition to informal supervision and
consultation as needed to direct staff;
- Facilitates weekly staff meetings to ensure collaboration and
accuracy of intervention strategies.
- Implements all aspects of the program including leading change
efforts, scheduling staff to meet program goals, providing
oversight to sub-contractor efforts, and facilitating collaboration
with community and county partners toward effective program
services coordination and delivery ABOUT YOU
- MA/MSW required OR BA in Psychology, Social Welfare, or related
field may be substituted with 4 (Four) years post-bachelor's work
experience with youth population in a high-volume program.
- Two years of supervisory/management experience is required;
relevant leadership experience may be considered.
- At least one year of residential, milieu, or wraparound
- Fluency in the prevailing language(s) of the community
- DIRECT SERVICE EXPERIENCE - at least 5 years of experience
working with underserved and disadvantaged youth, preferably
current and former foster youth.
- FIELD KNOWLEDGE - Excellent understanding of education and
employment resources for youth as well as awareness of other
services for young adults and young parents.
- PEOPLE, PROJECT, AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SKILLS - Exemplary
people management skills, strategic leadership abilities, and the
ability to link the development of people with the achievement of
organizational outcomes. Ability to either take direction or work
independently as the situation requires. Strong supervisory skills
and proven success supporting staff development and empowerment.
Demonstrated success organizing, managing, and evaluating programs,
events, campaigns or productions.
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Exceptional oral and written
communication skills including the demonstrated ability to
effectively present information to top management and program
staff. Professional demeanor and the ability to represent the
interests of the agency with community stakeholders.
- COMPUTER SKILLS - Proficiency with MS Office applications
including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experienced with
database systems. Experience with the Efforts to Outcomes database
is a plus.
- TRANSPORTATION - Dependable car, valid driver's license, and
proof of insurance required.
- AVAILABILITY for some evening and weekend work and for travel
as needed. If First Place for Youth is the organization you are
looking for then apply today! Our team will be excited to meet you.
Review the attached job description for position details.
Keywords: First Place, San Francisco , ILSP Program Manager - San Francisco, California, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!