Community Office Program Manager
Company: St Vincent De Paul
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco operates the
Multi-Service Center - Northern California's largest homeless
shelter, Navigation Centers for chronically homeless individuals
and couples and the Riley Center - Domestic Violence shelter and
services for survivors. We have over 125 employees working in 4
locations. We are proud of our diversity and of our more than 150
year history of helping others in San Francisco. St. Vincent de
Paul Society of San Francisco's mission is to offer hope and
service, on a direct person to person basis, working to break the
cycles of homelessness and domestic violence. SUMMARY: This
leadership position is responsible for the supervision, management
and development of Riley Center's Community Office which offers
non-residential domestic violence services to survivors of domestic
violence. The Community Office Program Manager is primarily
responsible for the programs within the Community Office. This
position also supports the volunteer program, drop-in services,
Riley Center events and provides support to the Program Director as
needed. This is a Full-Time, Exempt position.BENEFIT
OVERVIEW:Kaiser HMO paid in full for employee. Voluntary dental,
life, and vision insurance. 403b retirement plan with employer paid
match after 1 year of employment. Ten vacation and ten sick days
accrued per year. Two personal floating holidays and twelve and a
half holidays offered per year. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide onsite support and management for Riley Center's
Community Office (CO).
- Supervision of Community Office Case Managers and other
- Develop and implement ongoing programs and services at the
Riley Center Community Office.
- Ensure partner organizations fulfill contracted services and
regularly report on outcomes.
- Maintain working relationships with government funders.
- Key role in contract management compliance and budget
- Communicate regularly with Director regarding partnership
successes and challenges.
- Assist with direct client services as needed. This may include
counseling, advocacy, information and referrals for clients.
- Lead and assist in developing and implementing outreach and
management strategies to increase services and client numbers in
coordination with the Riley Center Program Director and Director of
- Supervision of the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to ensure
the VOC is recruit and retain volunteers.
- Key role in leading and assisting in the compiling of monthly
and quarterly program data for reporting and outcomes.
- Onboard new staff members and regularly coach and train staff.
Ensure staffs are entering information into the database
- Provide supervision and coaching to Family and Children's
Services (FCS) staff members a minimum of once per week.
Participate in FCS RED team meetings.
- Provide supervision and coaching to Community Office staff,
- Work with partner agencies to ensure we are serving community
- Manager must attend 4-6 leadership trainings per year.
- Facilitate meetings
- Assist with and complete program reports
- Assist with program proposals
- Ensure Community Office Case Managers are providing services to
60 clients annually.
- Participate in Riley Center monthly meetings including team
management, strategic planning, trainings and in-services as
- Facilitate and assist with the 40 hour Domestic Violence
training. Ensure Riley Center CO is providing training a minimum of
every 6 - 8 weeks.
- Ensure case managers are facilitating groups.
- Must complete program reports.
- Use of ADP to track employee's hours, make corrections when
necessary and verify time off requests ensuring ADP is
- Provide back-up support for building management of vendors and
- Perform other duties as assigned and participate in on-going
cross training to perform duties in other departments of the agency
as needed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA degree in social service or similar field. A Master's degree
is preferable. Considerable work experience may be accepted in lieu
of a degree.
- 2 years minimum experience in domestic violence programming is
- DV Certification in the State of California preferred. Next
available training must be taken if not certified.
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic violence issues,
policies and dynamics especially in the context of race, class,
gender and sexual identity.
- 2 -5 years program planning, community organizing or related
- Strong public speaking and training experience/skills.
- At least 2 years in leadership including supervisory
- Strong social perception skills using active listening to work
on understanding other people.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in an administrative role and ability to organize
and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize
- Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in
English. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems.
- High level computer software skills including data entry, Excel
and Word processing. Experience with the Salesforce database a
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Knowledge, experience and comfort working with a diverse
community, including LGBTQQ, youth, immigrant, low income
communities and communities of color.
- Ability to move seamlessly between being a team player and
working independently while being flexible in a quickly changing
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San
Francisco. TB test, Covid vaccination & booster, and background
check required upon hire.St. Vincent de Paul Society of San
Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: St Vincent De Paul, San Francisco , Community Office Program Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!