Business Operations Manager (Remote)
Company: Simple Habit
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
TL;DR: - We're building a new sleep product & looking for a
Business Operations Manager to join the team. This individual will
report to the CEO and collaborate cross functionally to impact the
business, finance and operational strategy. - About us: Simple
Habit, a mental wellness & meditation platform, was created in 2017
by CEO/Founder Yunha Kim. Our mission? To help people live better.
In just a couple of years, Simple Habit grew mostly organically to
$5M in ARR. Shortly after, we raised $10M in a Series A round. In
2020, based on insights & learnings, Simple Habit decided to build
& launch a new product, Sleep Reset. Our mission has stayed the
same; to help people live better....but our focus has shifted to
solving our users #1 wellness problem, sleep! Sleep Reset is a
"first of its kind" wellness program. We applied proven and
effective methods from the Stanford Sleep Clinic and digitized them
into one seamless sleep program. These methods are currently
administered in person, but we believe and have proven that we can
achieve the same outcome, digitally. Location: We're a fully
distributed team of 9 FTEs & 14 contractors, working remotely from
both EST & PST time zones. - The Role
- In this role, you will play an integral part of Sleep Reset's
overall strategy encompassing business, operations and finance.
- Become an expert in Sleep Reset's financials, goals and unit
- Demonstrate the ability to cross-functionally drive
improvements to financial and operational improvements.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of our coaching products by setting
up, managing, and scaling our operational processes and
- Influence decisions by providing thought leadership and
building consensus through collaboration across a multitude of
- Analysis to help determine the areas of focus for the
- Track KPIs and report on variances. -You'll thrive in this role
- Interested in an immense amount of responsibility & ownership
at an early-stage startup
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced
environment with minimal guidance
- Someone with an extreme growth mindset, driven by intense
- We believe there is always room for us to improve as individual
developers, a team, and a company.
- Excited that no day is like the other
- Nimble, passionate and hands-on. We believe in ownership and
expect all team members to bring technical, growth, and product
ideas to the table. Desired Qualifications
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in business
- Previous experience in an early stage startup.
- You have the ability to deeply understand company metrics and
convert insights on their performance into actionable
- Superior time and project management capabilities with limited
- Experience working at a company that has human components (e.g.
coaching, customer service, sales ops)You have previous finance and
modeling experience. Ability to distill complex and detailed
information into simplified content in oral and written form,
delivering insights around business problems in a thoughtful and
- You have used business insight tools i.e. Looker
- Experience with direct to consumer health tech products
- Personal experience/connection with sleep issues -Why you might
be excited about joining us:
- We're tackling a big and common problem, sleep. We're solving
it with a solution that has never been done before.
- You'll report directly to Yunha Kim, Founder/CEO of both Simple
Habit and Sleep Reset. -
- You'll have real ownership of not just analysis, but
recommendation and execution. -
- Current participants in our program rave about Sleep Reset .
Over 80% of our users improve their sleep by week 4. -You'll be
able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. We've
been remote for over two years and have the whole "how to work well
remotely" thing down.
- You'll have endless flexibility in your role and will be part
of defining our culture, operations, infrastructure and "how we do
things" at Simple Habit.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works
incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions.
- Although Sleep Reset is new, Simple Habit is not -- this comes
with many benefits.
- (Popular opinion) Our team is incredible. Full stop. We've
retained over 90% of our team through a pandemic and a product
pivot! We take our culture very seriously & aim to maintain (and
continue to elevate) our close-knit and supportive bond. We came
for the mission, but we stay for each other. Simple Habit Creed:
There will be no failures, only learning experiences. There will be
no task below us, only opportunities to help. We are here because
we share a common sense of purpose. We are here to help people live
better, every day. We are all owners. All colors, all ages, all
races and religions. We all took risks to be here. Our passion is
people, Not ping pong tables. We get in the zone. We take boba
breaks. We believe in self-care. We believe in feedback. We don't
waffle. We will disagree and commit. We will continuously improve.
For the curious and the bold, Humble and confident. This company,
and world, is ours to make better.
Keywords: Simple Habit, San Francisco , Business Operations Manager (Remote), Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!