Company: St Vincent De Paul
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco operates the
Multi-Service Center - Northern California's largest homeless
shelter, Navigation Centers for chronically homeless individuals
and couples and the Riley Center - Domestic Violence shelter and
services for survivors. We have over 125 employees working in 4
locations. We are proud of our diversity and of our more than 150
year history of helping others in San Francisco. St. Vincent de
Paul Society of San Francisco's mission is to offer hope and
service, on a direct person to person basis, working to break the
cycles of homelessness and domestic violence. SUMMARY The
Development Manager will work closely with the Development Director
to manage and grow St. Vincent de Paul Society's development
strategy. This position raises significant revenue through grants
towards the overall development goal. The Development Manager will
identify new funding opportunities, research, write grants and
prepare reporting materials. In addition, the Development Manager
will cultivate corporate donors. This is a Full-time, Exempt, Non
Union position.BENEFIT OVERVIEWKaiser HMO paid in full for
employee. Voluntary dental, life, and vision insurance. 403b
retirement plan with employer paid match after 1 year of
employment. Ten vacation and ten sick days accrued per year. Two
personal floating holidays and twelve and a half holidays offered
per year. RESPONSIBILITIES50% Grant Writing
- Successfully craft compelling and persuasive grant proposals to
meet or exceed revenue goals.
- As part of the Development Department, maintain up-to-date
knowledge of all programs and projects and collaborate with the
Development Director to develop and enhance funding
- Work closely with Program Directors to retrieve and synthesize
content for grant proposals and prepare grant reports by deadlines
and ensure that the grant writing program is on pace with revenue
- Research grantors on a regular basis; seek out new grant
opportunities using grant making resource websites, foundation and
government websites, news and publications.
- Track grant submission and report due dates and grant
activities in our Raiser's Edge database. 25% Corporate Donor
- Assume responsibility for the cultivation and stewardship of
various donor relationships, as delegated by the Director of
- Ensure the highest quality of donor stewardship and guest
experience for all Development-related guests at SVDP-SF's
programming, including volunteers.
- Liaise with Volunteer Program Coordinator to cultivate and
convert volunteers into donors.25% Other Duties
- Collaborate with the Development Team for Annual Gala and
support development outreach efforts towards the Gala fundraising
- Work with the Database Manager to ensure timely and accurate
data management through both the auction software and fundraising
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist the Development team in other capacities as needed.
- Support Communication efforts.QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in non-profit management, business,
communications or related area. 4 years of equivalent work
experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of four years of nonprofit development experience.
- Demonstrated experience of past success in securing grant
funding and donor relations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship strategies pertaining to grantors and
- Excellent oral English communication skills.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills, ability to
craft both technical grantproposals and persuasive writing.
- Strategic thinker who is able to conceptualize, describe and
articulate complex projects.
- Self-starter that can set and achieve work goals and deadlines;
excellent organization skills with sense of urgency to drive
projects to completion
- Proficiency in: Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to be innovative and take initiative to seek out new
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing tasks and projects with
attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion. Strong ethical
character, capable of handling confidential and financial
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively with other SVdP-SF
staff, volunteers and funders, and excellent relationship
- Commitment to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of
San Francisco Covid vaccination and booster required to begin work.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records PI202066187
Keywords: St Vincent De Paul, San Francisco , Development Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!