Director, Intellectual Property
Company: Kerwin Associates
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Explore open positions using our handy search tool below. -
Our client, a rapid growing technology company, is looking for a
Director, Intellectual Property for the legal
- Manage all legal matters related to Intellectual Property for
- Advise on global patent and IP strategy to achieve optimal
protection of the company's business and innovations.
- Partner with Management, Product Development and Engineering
- Develop and protect the IP portfolio, including preparing and
prosecuting patent applications handle patent portfolio analysis
and third-party IP risk assessment.
- Negotiate and draft IP license and technology transactions
agreements, managing the overall transaction process and
collaborating with other legal and business team members.
- Develop and advise on policies, programs, and guidelines
related to intellectual property protection.
- Work cross-functionally within the company to influence and
create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk.
- Work closely with outside counsel as necessary.
- Help develop and implement opensource compliance
- Offer counseling on IP-related issues for new products and
- Create policies, procedures, training programs, compliance
programs and playbooksRequirements:
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and member in good standing of
the California State Bar.
- EE, CS or relevant technical degree a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required; law firm and inhouse
- Solid business judgment; ability to think strategically,
leverage strong analytical skills, and confidently balance legal
risks and business concerns.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners and
resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in supporting a successful, hyper-growth
- Excellent and clear verbal/written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a
passion for technology.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, taking
ownership and responsibility for identifying and completing
projects.Apply for this position + Personal Details First Name*
Last Name* Phone* Upload Resume* Acceptable file formats: pdf, doc,
docx, txt, rtf LinkedIn Profile (optional) Qualifications Years of
legal qualification* How did you hear about this job?* *Required
Keywords: Kerwin Associates, San Francisco , Director, Intellectual Property, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!