Senior Engineering Manager - Frontend
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data
accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, were
committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly
to each others success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you
can become a part of our journey!Do you enjoy building large scale
applications that are powered by huge data sets? Are you passionate
about working on products that make a difference for your
customers? Do you value working in an environment where you're
empowered to drive and make key technical decisions across a full
stack of technologies? If so, a role at Splunk might be a great fit
for you.RoleWe are looking for a hands-on engineering manager to
lead a Frontend team. As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is
to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship,
staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design
and technical decisions, and helping the team build innovative user
interfaces for our cloud-based customers. You are proactive in your
management style, taking initiative to optimize products and
projects. You are also engaging, personable, communicative,
responsive, and mindful of the professional development and career
progression of your direct reports.We are building the next
generation Unified Experiences for our customers in the Security
Markets Group. This is a growth team and requires partnership and
collaboration across several product teams. As a leader in this
group you will be responsible for influencing the UI foundations
roadmap along with product deliverables. You'll also be deeply
involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and
collaborating with a large network of software and security
professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple
locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent
communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and
maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological
- Has experience managing senior engineering leads/architects &
- Lead technical direction and architecture with frontend
developers, designers and backend engineers to implement and deploy
sophisticated user interfaces using modern CSS and JS.
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully
deliver committed feature sets.
- Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies
across multiple feature teams.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team
from delivering high-quality software.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of
- Educate and advocate for engineering best practices within the
- Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers.Requirements
- 5+ years of People and Technical Management experience in
- 10+ years of product development experience, building rich user
experiences for scalable products, ideally in web
- Proficiency in modern web technologies; React, Angular JS,
Backbone, Node.js, Redux, i18n/l10n, a11y.
- Experience with Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers,
responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Ability to structure and build complex client-side
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple complex technical
projects in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of learning,
psychological safety, respect for differences and collaboration
across all engineering skill levels.
- Bachelors degree; or equivalent practical experience.
- This position will be seated out of our San Jose, CA or San
Francisco, CA office locations. Residing locally to the Bay area,
either now or by your start date, is a requirement for this role.We
value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job
positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Francisco , Senior Engineering Manager - Frontend, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!