Program Manager - Integrative Health Studies
Company: California Institute of Integral Studies
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On:
Wed Aug 17 2022 Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY
The Program Manager will provide outstanding program management and
comprehensive administrative support for the Integrative Health
Studies program. The position ensures smooth administrative flow
for the program, and provides excellent service to students,
faculty, and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with admissions team, track student application
process, and serves as secondary program contact for applicant and
new student inquires.
- Supports students in course registration, transfer credits, and
- Maintain student records, program-specific lists, and
- Manages student-relevant administrative channels (e.g. assigns
student advisors, facilitates student communication channels).
- Monitors student advising and registration records; assures
that semester and degree requirements are met.
- Updates student handbooks.
- Reserves space and reviews contracts with external sites for
- Arranges logistics for the academic intensive (e.g. arranges
rooming, food preferences, materials, etc.).
- Staffs administrative new student orientation (e.g. arranging
for external department presentations and food).
- Sets up rooms both before and after events.
- Creates event flyers and updates list-servs.
- Schedules, attends, and tracks attendance at Information
Sessions; attends all Admissions events.
- Attends academic intensives and supports with on-site
coordination (e.g. registration, grounds orientation).
- Acts a liaison with CIIS administrative departments (Provost,
Registrar, Financial Aid, Business Office, Marketing, etc.) to
coordinate and facilitate communication and tasks.
- Develops administrative systems to improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of program administration and meeting structure (e.g.
scheduling and notetaking at program meetings).
- Creates spreadsheets of planned courses and faculty staffing
(using Jenzabar platform).
- Schedules courses, including room reservations for individual
classes and for academic residencies.
- Supports faculty classroom needs (e.g. places audio-visual
- Updates academic catalog.
- Updates and maintains program pages on internal CIIS
- Creates and maintains student and faculty administrative spaces
on LMS (Canvas).
- Creates and processes check and reimbursement requests,
including W-9 paperwork.
- Maintains spending records for chair to manage program
- Supports program assessment data collection and reporting (In
SIS) and compiles student and departmental data (e.g. documents for
- Writes job description for, interviews, and manages work-study
students (e.g. to curate social media presence under the CIIS
marketing guidelines and to coordinate the alumni network and
- Processes new hire paperwork for work-study students and
PROGRAM COMMUNICATIONS & OUTREACH
- Coordinate program outreach efforts (e.g. wellness fairs,
- Collects content for and formats seasonal/occasional newsletter
with input from chair
- Creates and updates website pages, including pages for program
overview, news, events, and student bios.
- Curates content for Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social
- Ensure that faculty scholarship (papers, invited talks,
significant student scholarship, etc) is publicized.
- Attends academic intensives and supports event coordination
- Provides up-to-date content to office of communications with
news, events, and student bios.
- Forwards to students communications from other programs as
COLLABORATION WITH WELLNESS CENTER
- Provides support to director of health coaching in the CIIS
Wellness Center for department-relevant efforts.
- Supports logistics for any coaching outreach events.
- Answers all emails and phone calls.
- Communicates with faculty, students, and other staff necessary
information, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Proofreads all program materials, whether hard or electronic
- Serves, as requested, on CIIS committees and ad hoc
- Attends all meetings for program coordinator/program
manager/student worker group.
- Orders program office supplies.
- Approves timecards for all program staff.
Other duties as assigned.
PM22 Job Requirements:REQUIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES
- HR knowledge, background, and experience.
- Strong administrative skills and background.
- Experience with Excel and proficient with Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage
sensitive and confidential situations with kindness, tact,
professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to
- Experience with or comfortable learning Colleague HRIS system,
and other computer applications.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as well as
collaboratively in a team setting.
- Must follow directions.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to
identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information,
present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully
gather and analyze information.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of experience
working in higher education required; experience in graduate
student advising preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
ability to interact with constituencies internal and external to
CIIS with diplomacy, patience, and sound judgment.
- Capacity to work collaboratively as well as to take
- Capacity to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a
composed and professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and ability
to meet deadlines to maintain an efficient office.
- Microsoft Office required. Experience with SIS, LMS, and CMS
systems preferred. Experience with basic video and photo editing a
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from
time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to
work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods
of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for
significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending,
stooping, reaching, patience and tact to perform the essential
functions. Additional Information:?LOCATION
[ON CAMPUS, IN OFFICE, REMOTE, HYBRED, FLEX]. This position
involves remote, on-campus, and on-site hours. Hours are generally
Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is allowed to cover
academic intensives (two five-day retreats each year), admissions
events, and other occasional evenings and weekend days for
trainings and meetings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience and may include a
competitive benefits package.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office
environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday
Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our
positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an
employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for
employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational
degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If
your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to
provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the
United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and
belonging as part of its Seven Commitments. More than accept
difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of
experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community
creates and maintains working and learning environments that are
inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming.
CIIS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed
to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory
environment for all individuals across differences of race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or
medical condition. We seek to increase the presence,
representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically
under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and
bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an
environment that will
attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI+).
CIIS is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices
regarding citizenship and immigration status.PI197673591
Keywords: California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco , Program Manager - Integrative Health Studies, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!