Director, Product Management
Company: Brilliant Earth
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Director, Product ManagementPosition Overview:The Director,
Product Management will lead Brilliant Earth's overall product
strategy and roadmap, including trade-off decisions and software
development. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with
all other business functions and lead your team to bring the best
consumer-facing features to market. The Director, Product
Management is accountable for succeeding against identified
business and technical goals; and sets the short- and long-term
product goals across our digital customer experience.The ideal
candidate for this role is passionate about building and optimizing
industry-leading e-commerce user experiences. This senior leader
inspires a positive, high-energy, results-oriented culture across
the team, encompassing product management, software development and
- Execute complex, multi-dimensional product roadmaps
- Manage, develop and lead diverse teams of Product Marketers,
Developers and Designers
- Both provide direction and own projects, including: development
of new features (consumer facing and backend functionality),
translating business needs into technical requirements,
communicating with development teams, integrating with third
parties, quality assurance, and defining/reporting on performance
- Continue to develop a culture of innovation, experimentation
- Partner with relevant stakeholders, leading the development of
launch and go-to-market plans
- Act as the voice of our customers, ensuring business goals
remain aligned with identified needs
- Continue to build the most optimal user experiences and set the
direction for the design of the user experience
- Lead the team to determine prioritization, implementation and
iteration of products
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
development teams, focusing on efficiency and high-quality
- Identify issues and blockers that may delay the launch or
impede the success of products in product portfolio (or strategic
capability), communicate to leadership, assess alternatives, and
take action to resolveQualifications
- 10+ years' experience in Digital Product Management or
- 6+ years' experience in e-commerce, or relevant industry
- 5+ years' experience building and leading high performing teams
and priorities across multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading digital product development; knowledge of
agile best practices and design thinking principles.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and testing to drive decisions
- Player-coach mentality, with an ability to own projects as well
as delegate and provide direction to team members
- Ability to synthesize multiple inputs and develop cohesive
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical
concepts, prioritize and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with
internal and external partners
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset and approach to problem
solving in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a high level of
attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and verbal, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize time effectively amidst shifting
priorities and deadlines.
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible
organizations and products
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion
and workplace belonging conceptsWhat We OfferAt Brilliant Earth,
we're passionate about the employee experience. That's why we offer
an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career
growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust
benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation.You will play an important role in the
growth and success of the company.RSU awards allow us all to share
in these successes.
- Insurance.Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the
first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match.We know that saving for the future is important.
That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy.We know it's important to recharge and
- Disability and Life insurance.100%employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education.Company-sponsored learning in leadership,
professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition
reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts.As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you'll
receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits.We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym
memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for
24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities.In addition to our
giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend
time together by volunteering.Brilliant Earth recognizes the value
of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to
reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way.AtBrilliant
Earth, we celebrate each other - our successes, the lessons along
the way, and the unique perspectiveseach individualbrings to our
team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring
process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of
sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or
any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are
committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws
providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment
laws and regulations.If you need assistance or reasonable
accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the
interview process, please reach out to us at
Keywords: Brilliant Earth, San Francisco , Director, Product Management, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!