Senior Product Manager - Provider Performance
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare
affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to
tackling one of our nation's biggest problems with ingenuity,
creativity, and a keen moral compass. Nuna is committed to simple
principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology,
and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We
want to know what really works, what doesn't-and why. Nuna partners
with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health
plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
YOUR TEAM Product Managers at Nuna guide our products from concept
to launch and beyond! We're the voice of our customers within Nuna
and love learning about their needs and challenges in order to
craft better solutions. We work closely with Design, Engineering,
and Health Data Analysts across new and existing products at Nuna.
We thrive in ambiguous situations, manage chaos with a sense of
humor, and have a bias towards action that is data-driven and
purposeful. YOUR IMPACT Nuna's products aim to drive the successful
adoption and operation of Value Based Care across the entire US,
catalyzing the delivery of higher quality, more accessible, and
more affordable healthcare care for all patients. In this role, you
will guide the development of Nuna's provider-facing analytic
product suite, helping provider administrators target and remove
wasteful and expensive care, strategically plan and execute high
ROI performance improvement initiatives, improve the quality of
patient care, and achieve financial success in value-based
arrangements. YOUR OPPORTUNITIES
- Discover, design, build, and deliver a portfolio of cutting
edge generalizable products that support healthcare provider
administrators in engaging with and improving financial and quality
performance in value-based care programs.
- Conduct user research with the design team to deliver insights
in an intuitive and actionable way that prioritizes next best
actions a provider administrator can take to impact performance
(e.g., shifting services to a lower acuity site of service,
reducing potential avoidable utilization, closing care gaps,
- Work with the health data analytics team to develop
methodologies that help provider administrators quantify the
financial impact of taking specific actions (e.g., reaching a
benchmark, reducing medical expenses, etc.).
- Work with engineering to build products in a scalable and
generalizable way that allows for configuration of highest priority
use cases across our customers.
- Triage and prioritize customer requests for feature
enhancements or new product functionality. Own and iterate on the
product roadmap, optimizing for product impact, delivery, and
strategic value. YOU BRING
- 5+ years of building, launching, and improving provider
administrator-facing analytic products.
- BA/BS/MS degree in relevant healthcare or technical discipline
(e.g. Medical Informatics, Public Health, Computer Science,
Engineering, Economics, etc.) or equivalent practical
- Prior experience providing consulting or developing products
that identify medical cost management strategies, such as site of
- Experience developing analytical products targeting unit cost
vs. utilization cost strategies
- Experience applying and adapting Milliman or other claims
classification systems, and ability to think critically about
benefits and limitations of specific choices on end product
experience and user acceptance
- Ability to engage with Medical Economics and Medical Director
teams at partner health plans to explain value of methodological
approaches in Nuna products
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, you break down
problems and generate shared understanding across technical and
- A get-it-done personality with a bias towards testing
hypotheses and execution.
- Ability to listen to users and translate their needs into
generalizable product requirements.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize competing demands across
- Strong track record of creative problem solving and overcoming
- Prior experience working with value-based or performance-driven
- Domain experience in calculations of performance metrics and
healthcare actuarial metrics
- Hands-on software engineering experience.
- A quantitative background with experience working with teams of
- Enterprise software or healthcare-related domain knowledge.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
genetics and/or veteran status.
Keywords: Nuna, San Francisco , Senior Product Manager - Provider Performance, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!