Company: W.R. Grace & Co.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Built on talent,
technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of
catalysts and engineered materials. The company's two
industry-leading business segments-Catalysts Technologies and
Materials Technologies-provide innovative products, technologies,
and services that enhance the products and processes of our
customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 4,300
people in over 30 countries.Job Description Are you seeking a job
to lead and drive manufacturing operations, performance, safety and
inspire others to join you? Do you have prior experience leading a
team within a manufacturing setting? If so, our opportunity as an
Operations Manager for our Albany, OR may be a fit. We produce a
portfolio of products for the specialty plastic and pharmaceutical
industries. The diversity of the processes and materials at the
site provides an energetic and dynamic work environment. The
Operations Manager is responsible for managing manufacturing
production operations in accordance with all company EH&S, PSM,
quality, environmental, and customer requirements.
- Direct reports may include: Shift Supervisors (4), Day Shift
Supervisor (1), Production Engineers (3). Indirect reports to
include: Training Coordinators (2), Waste Water Lead Operator, and
36 Chemical Operators. -
- Responsible for MFG production schedule execution and working
with staff to resolve problems impacting schedule. -
- Establishes MFG product priorities weekly and working with
Shift Supervisors on execution. -
- Establishes Production Engineering priorities and aligning
focus on current and upcoming production requirements.
- Responsible for metrics reporting i.e. actual performance
against production goals and resolving problems preventing goals
from being achieved.
- Responsible for operator training program and overseeing the
development of Junior Operators into Level A Chemical Operators.
- Works closely with Process Technology group scaling up
processes from R&D to full scale production manufacturing.
- Works closely with Maintenance Manager to ensure plant
maintenance priorities are aligned with production needs.
- Works with EH&S on completing incident investigations,
determining resolution, and case management for all incidents as
- Works with EH&S Dept to ensure all EH&S policies and
procedures are adhered to in production. Works with EH&S Dept
to make improvements to policies as required.
- Works with Process Safety Dept to ensure PSM policies and
procedures are adhered to in production. Works closely with PS Dept
to make improvements to policies as required. -
- Works closely with HR Manager to resolve all department HR
issues in addition to filling job vacancies.
- Works closely with all department managers to optimize the
operation from raw material on time delivery to final product
shipment to customer. Required Qualifications
- 10-15 years' experience working in a chemical plant with five +
years of supervisory experience.
- BS in an Engineering field, Chemical Engineering preferred.
Chemistry or Technical degree with appropriate industrial
experience also considered.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven mentoring experience and success
- Proven leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
- GMP/cGMP experience helpful
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus #WRGrace
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance from start date
- 401(k) match from start date
- Additional retirement plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Vacation
- 40 hours of Personal Holiday Grace is not accepting unsolicited
assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search
firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any
form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in
place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace.
No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as
a result of the referral or through other means.EOE Statement: W.
-R. Grace & Co. -is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status or any other legally protected status.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: W.R. Grace & Co., San Francisco , Operations Manager, Executive , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!