Director, Front End Web Engineering - Remote
Company: Medable, Inc
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster.
We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible
suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical
research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together
as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient
clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more
accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences
are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators
who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical
cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering
consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated
learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making
this world a healthier place.
- Lead, coach and mentor the frontend web engineering team,
through product discovery that helps identify and break our product
goals into technical projects.
- Empowering the engineers and dev leads in your teams to succeed
by identifying how to measure success, and mentor them on how to
achieve those goals.
- Building and maintaining a partnership with your Product
Management and Design peers.
- Leadership in developing functional and appealing web- and
mobile-based web applications based on usability
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
- A total of 10+ years of software engineering experience,
including at least 3 years of experience as a software engineering
leader or a combination of education and experience in this
- Experienced in recruiting, hiring, and growing effective
- Strong front end architecture skills to drive our solutions
- Proven ability to build high-quality, high-ownership
development teams, including recruiting of bar-raising frontend
software engineers, dev leads, and hands-on engineering
- Strong understanding of how to design an effective engineering
organization and its workstreams
- Proficient understanding of React and TypeScript
- Knowledge of architecting large single page applications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5,
- Knowledge of GraphQL and working with a React GraphQL framework
is a plus
- Knowledge with Kotlin Multi-platform is also a plus
Education, Certification and Licenses:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree degree in Computer
Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
Medable, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
U.S. employees and contractors, and International workers with
travel to the U.S. must have a willingness and ability to provide
proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date. All
strongly held beliefs, religious, medical, and other legally
recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be
Keywords: Medable, Inc, San Francisco , Director, Front End Web Engineering - Remote, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!