Marketing & Communications Manager
Company: NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Communications and Marketing Manager reports to the Director
of Marketing and supports the work of the entire organization,
including, but not limited to, the Leadership Team and Head of
School. The individual will be responsible for execution of
marketing and communications plans, including creation of content
for print and digital communications for various constituents,
social media, website and advertising campaigns. In addition, the
individual provides external and internal communications support to
the Head of School and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate has
very strong communication skills, is highly organized, has a keen
eye for aesthetic and detail, is driven to design and analyze
marketing campaigns and is a skilled media and interpersonal
relations professional. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult, coordinate and develop strategic marketing initiatives
in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
- Support the Leadership Team to steward brand identity,
messaging and proposition.
- Own logos, colors, fonts, messages and ensure consistent
compliance with brand guidelines.
- Create and implement a comprehensive communications calendar to
ensure maximum efficacy and productivity for the organization.
- Lead weekly communications meetings with all stakeholders to
create and deliver all communications (operational, admissions,
advancements, academic, crisis, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Design comprehensive marketing plans that include competitive
analysis, testing of variables, KPIs, data analysis and transform
findings into new marketing strategies.
- Execute weekly communications via email and website, including
writing, editing, content generation (video/copy/photo), via a
weekly newsletter in Mailchimp, weekly HOS message, manage email
boxes, Social Media Channels, Blog.
- Oversee website content, updates, tracking, including creative
- Manage third-party listings to keep content updated and
analysis on engagement current. Ex: Facebook, Yelp, Niche,
Instagram, Google Ads.
- Team with Marketing Director and SEO consultants to ensure ROI
on advertising dollars and strategy to support awareness and
- Prepare, design and analyze surveys for community
- Administer creative assets and sales, marketing, advertising
- Support the organization on special projects as needed.
- Outstanding communicator with the highest level of listening,
speaking, and writing skills, and an ability to persuasively convey
a message to diverse groups.
- Cooperative team player with the ability and desire to handle
multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. Highly
- Tact and discretion are a must.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver, with a track record for
translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications,
Marketing or equivalent field required, or 4+ years of experience
and a proven strength in marketing and communication strategy,
implementation and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of and working experience with Adobe Creative
Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat) or its
equivalent; Microsoft Office (i.e, Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Google
Drive and Finalsite.
- Experience in marketing and communications with a non-profit
organization or private educational institution is preferred.
Non-Discrimination Policy In order to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and
abilities.La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship,
sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, childbirth or
related medical condition, marital status,veteran status, physical
or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition,
genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.This policy
governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job
assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff,
promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training.If you feel
you may have been discriminatedagainston the basis of sex or would
like more information, please contactDani Sollberger, Director of
Administration, by email or415-558-9006or by mail at 728 20th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
Keywords: NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association), San Francisco , Marketing & Communications Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!