Remote Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
As a manager for the Remote Operations Center, the candidate
will oversee and manage the real time operations center in Durham
NC. This role will directly impact FlexGen's success by maximizing
availability/uptime for many of the world's leading-edge energy
storage installations. To accomplish this, the Remote Operations
Center Manager will help staff and build the team that will monitor
battery energy storage installations for various end users in the
utility and C&I space. This role reports to the Aftermarket
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology
company based in North America. The company's storage platform
integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and
microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support
and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively
manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy
management software and power electronics platform, and backed by
Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group,
FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for
commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and
industrial companies throughout the world.
- Hire, manage, develop and retain a team of highly responsive
specialists focused on battery energy site uptime in their
day-to-day jobs and interface with cross-functional teams to
deliver on SLA's.
- Remotely monitor and operate energy storage sites (for both
Utility scale and C&I deployments).
- Identification and resolution of faults and alarms. Responsible
for incident and escalation management. Dispatching of field
technicians and 3rd party maintenance providers.
- Tracking support requests and requirements using the CMMS and
various other tools.
- Manage customer expectations and execute on long term service
- Drive internal success by developing operational KPIs.
- Develop culture of continuous improvement. Work with Product
Lifecycle Team and Data Analysis team to drive future software and
hardware product improvements.
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering or related technical
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in a similar role or
industry with 24-7 business operations / monitoring.
- Prior supervisory or management roles.
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management)
Tools. (Salesforce Service Cloud).
- Experience with various monitoring / analytics / SCADA
- Knowledge of NERC / CIP compliance.
- Prior customer service / support roles.
- Experience with dispatching field technicians and 3rd party
- Experience with renewable energy (solar, wind, and battery),
industrial communications, and the building blocks / equipment
- Familiar with electrical single line diagrams, mechanical
drawings, and network diagrams.
- A track record of demonstrating a sense of urgency and a
history of taking ownership of tasks/responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate in formal and informal
settings, both internal and customer-related.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Sales, Services,
Procurement, and Software teams.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based
on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic
random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion
drug and alcohol testing
Keywords: FlexGen, San Francisco , Remote Operations Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!