Assistant General Manager - Restaurant Excellence Team
Company: Mina Group
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Michelin Starred Celebrity Chef, Michael Mina looking for an
experienced Assistant General Manager for his Growing Restaurant
Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 40
concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not
just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in
our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great
and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our
values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense
of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.
Responsible for assisting with management coverage at all
where there is a shortage of management or management transition.
supervises, trains, and assists in all operational areas during
openings and at existing Mina
Group restaurants. Assists in outlet openings as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensure training programs are aligned with company programs.
- Develop and manage training programs for managers and line
- Develop, manage and maintain training materials.
- Monitor and spot check training programs and syllabi in
- Monitor and review testing in restaurants.
- Create and supervise training syllabus for new projects.
- Coordinate training and training needs for new projects.
- A member of the Task Force team during restaurant
- Develop training objectives, strategies and programs.
- Train and monitor managers and chefs on Mina Commandments.
- Train and monitor managers on Weekly Manager Meeting.
- Ensure that all training programs, manuals, tests or other
materials are approved by
- and in compliance with hotel partners
- Ensure that Mina maintains compliance with any Union practice
or agreements on
- Works in concert with Mina HR and Finance on personnel and
- Conduct site inspections after visiting restaurants and report
to corporate including
- Understanding all partner systems and programs and incorporate
- Functions as Senior Manager in restaurants that need management
- are in management transition
- Will be required to execute all functions of a Restaurant
Manager while at any Mina
- Group Restaurant.
- Performs all aspects of position with efficiency, respect,
- teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy
- Ensure that Mina Group standards are executed consistently at
- Assists all restaurant management teams with all aspects of
- Assists outlets with daily labor report
- Assists the Mina Group Director of Operations and Assistant
Beverage manager with all
- aspects of inventory efficiency and cost control
- Ensure that all management personnel at the applicable
restaurant is fully trained on
- all systems
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and provide
input to the decision making
- Coordinate schedule and work responsibilities for new managers
- Completes projects provided by Mina Group Executives in a
- Assists with coordinating recruitment plans with Mina Group
Recruiter and Director of
- Ensures that all operational systems are in place for each
- Involved with all aspects of restaurant refreshes
- Drives and maintains Mina Group culture in all restaurants
- Participate and coordinate critical path meetings with Mina
Group Director of
- Assist in scheduling candidate interviews to ensure that all
staffing levels are met
- Assists in reviewing and ensuring that training curriculums are
in place and functioning
- at all outlets
- Participates and organizes all training sessions with the
direction of Mina Group
- Director of Operations
- Supports and assists staff during service
- Ensures that all service points are consistently met
- Keeps Mina Group Executives abreast of situations
- Fosters team building and diversity at all restaurants
- Ensure adherence to Mina Group and Host Property Policies and
- Assists with all aspects of the operation at openings at all
new Mina group restaurants
- Attends and participates in all Weekly Manager Meetings
- Attends and participates in the Weekly Operations Meeting
- Assists and participates in all daily meetings
- Solicits feedback for personal development
- Will be required to assist and train in existing restaurants at
the discretion of Mina
- Acts as Mina Group liaison with hotel partners, department
heads while on property
There will be extensive travel required to perform the essential
job functions. Travel
requirements will be to the discretion of Mina Group. This includes
travel to certain
restaurants for extended periods of time, to assist with manager
coverage during transitions
as well as during restaurant openings.
Supervises all FOH line level employees, and assists restaurant
management. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years experience in the restaurant/hospitality
- Must have a working knowledge of FOH management and
- Must understand standard management and training principles and
- Must understand all health, safety, and sanitation
- Must have strong computer skills with working knowledge of
Microsoft Excel, Outlook
- and Word.
- Four-year College Degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
Ability to write reports and business
- correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from
- managers, customers and Mina Group Executives.
Mina Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a
welcoming and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from a
wide variety of identities, ideas and experiences and will consider
candidates with criminal histories in accordance with all local,
state, and federal laws. Mina Group offers reasonable
accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Associated topics:
assistant restaurant manager, back end, director food and beverage,
management, night manager, produce manager, restaurant operations,
shift leader, shift manager, store manager
Keywords: Mina Group, San Francisco , Assistant General Manager - Restaurant Excellence Team, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!