Associate Vice President of Platform Engineering - Core Services
Company: Change Healthcare
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is building a modern healthcare technology
platform. The Core Services platform team is looking for a
Associate Vice President of Platform Engineering to be the senior
technical and operational leader for our identity and rights
management engineering teams. You will work hand in hand with
technical product management and architecture to drive critical
platform capabilities. You will drive a platform, API-first
approach to build a platform that will serve the needs of the
business now and in the future. You will mentor your team and drive
technical direction, acting as a "player coach". You will need to
have serious technical chops (well versed in systems, platforms,
architecture requirements for large-scale cloud platforms) and a
willingness to roll up their sleeves, while being an effective,
emotionally intelligent leader.You will create a diverse team and a
maintain a positive culture that is focused on technical
excellence, blend a variety of backgrounds and approaches, and
provide critical large-scale project leadership across multiple
teams. We have many talented and passionate engineers who need a
leader that enables them to do their best work and will help them
grow into the next set of senior engineers and leaders for our
company. Your position requires a great deal of cross-team and
cross-functional partnership and leadership to deliver large,
strategic initiatives that are key to the Change Healthcare's
mission to improve the healthcare industry.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Technical leader for our complex identity and rights management
- Mentor and lead the platform in emerging technologies as well
as lead with and through others internally and externally.
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and
prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, and users to
define application requirements and/or necessary
- May also have responsibility for testing and
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the
efficient operation of the function.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic
plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters
and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area
through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing
expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating
with customers or management or attempting to influence senior
level leaders regarding matters of significance to the
- Resolves critical issues and contributes to unit/area
development.What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Computer science or EE background (BS/MS/PhD)
- 10+ years of related (e.g. platform) software development
- History of creating, developing, and growing platform
- Thorough working knowledge and track record with lean and agile
- Enterprise and large enterprise segment experience
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Leads from the front - leading by example and guiding with
- Internalizes the importance of setting goals and measuring
progress towards those goals
- Desire and drive to build and represent a team that leaders
across the company hold up as a model to emulate
- This leader would be well versed in large-scale cloud platforms
and have the ability to architect and scale platforms at a large
volume with a high degree of complexity.What other
skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Broad knowledge of the field with proven management
- Experience with AWS is preferred.What are the working
conditions and physical requirements of this job?General office
demandsBe able to participate in virtual meetings that will require
a flexible schedule to at times participate in different time zones
for team and vendor meetings. Meetings will be in Pacific Time
Zone.#LIremoteJoin our team today where we are creating a better
coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient
healthcare system!COVID Vaccination RequirementsWe remain committed
to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of
our team members and our communities. As such, we require all
employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to
beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for
certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19
vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres
to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19
vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information
from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action StatementChange Healthcare is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To
read more about employment discrimination protections under federal
law, read EEO is the Law at
https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental
you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application
for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
email@example.com with "Applicant requesting
reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted
to this email box will not be accepted.Click here
to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.California
(US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare
for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge
that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy
Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of
Personal Information.Change Healthcare maintains a drug free
workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where
applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Change Healthcare, San Francisco , Associate Vice President of Platform Engineering - Core Services, Executive , Emeryville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!