Housekeeping Manager - Beacon Grand Hotel
Company: Sir Francis Drake Hotel
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionHousekeeping Manager - Beacon Grand
HotelOpportunity Summary:The Housekeeping Manager will lead the
housekeeping team to honor the hotel's storied past yet make it
better than ever for staff, guests, and San Franciscans alike. As
Cable Cars again rumble past the front door, revamped rooms and
celebrated public spaces will emerge within. Above, the Starlite
Room will again shine and become an "anchor in the sky" drawing
people from street to star. Here is your once-in-a-generation
opportunity to be part of creating a new social circle on Union
Square, luring people to the heart of The City, where history is
forever starting now.Job Summary:The Housekeeping Manager is
responsible for directing and administering all housekeeping
operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality in
the hotel's continuing effort to deliver unforgettable guest
service and financial profitability.Supervisory
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality
standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices, in
accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation, and
- Lead, direct and administer all housekeeping operations to
include, but not limited to, systems use and management, budgeting
and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy
and procedure implementation and enforcement, and meeting
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not
limited to, providing supervision and professional development,
scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering
recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview, and train team members
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by
monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members, and
ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with
federal, state, local and company regulations
- Participate in the coordination of rehabilitation and capital
improvement projects in partnership with Property Operations and
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support
associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established
- Monitor inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to
ensure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Comply with audit standards pertaining to key control and risk
management areas (i.e., lost and found, key control, and guest room
- Maintain an effective inspection program for hotel rooms,
public and other assigned areas
- Prepare schedules consistent with hotel occupancy and updated
- Observe and monitor staff performance to meet established
productivity and cleanliness standards.
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget and
- Practice safe work habits, follow MSD and OSHA standards.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to strive in a
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Opera, HotSOS/REX experience a plus.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 Years Housekeeping Management experience required.
- Luxury Hotel or Resort and opening experience a plus.
- CA / San Francisco experience preferred.
- Experience in a Union environment preferred.Physical ability:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to bend, push, pull, stand, walk, talk, or
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, or telephone.
- Long hours sometimes required to include weekends and
- Medium work - exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.Company Benefits:·
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance· Paid Holidays· Paid Time Off·
Commuter assistance· 401(k) with company match· Life Insurance·
Paid Sick Leave· Employee Assistance Program· Employee Recognition·
Employee Referral Incentive programEOE: Northview Hotel Group is an
equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on any characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco , Housekeeping Manager - Beacon Grand Hotel, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!