Associate Manager, Brand Management - Woodbridge
Company: Constellation Brands
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany SummaryWe're the producers, creators and
marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At
Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think
beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now,
tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're
the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with
operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium
portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim
Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High
West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today.
But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the
forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our
founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation
of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.Position
SummaryReporting to and together with the Brand Manager, the
Associate Brand Manager has a General Management approach and broad
range of responsibilities that will assist in delivering specified
business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development
and execution of all brand strategies and plans across Price,
Promotion, Packaging & Product. These include brand plan
development and execution, ongoing actionable business analytics,
media campaigns, sponsorship and event activation, business
budgeting and financial analysis, cross-functional team leadership,
insights led innovation strategy and development along with
supporting project management, integrated marketing communication,
and retail/on premise point-of-sale development and
- Supports development and implementation of the annual brand
strategy and marketing plan to create consumer demand based on
strong business analytics.
- Assists in the development and implementation of short- and
long-term marketing objectives and strategies. Participates in the
development and leads the execution of brand plans and tactics to
deliver against agreed upon brand and business goals.
- Leads brand business analysis efforts. Continuously monitors
business and brand health performance using internal and external
data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both
brand development and volume performance, and to deliver actionable
- Assists in the development of consumer target and positioning
of brand and in the development of the brand architecture, in
partnership with the Brand Manager and Consumer Insights.
- Supports development and execution of insights based strategic
innovation plans to position the business for both short and
long-term success, including project management of key innovation
initiatives from ideation to successful launch.
- Assists in the creative development process and execution of
all advertising campaigns.
- Assists Brand Manager in working with International teams to
insure consistency of brand strategy and execution globally.
- Collaborates closely with creative agencies, public relations,
and strategic retail and promotion partners to bring brand
communication to life in a fashion that is exciting for consumers
and trade stakeholders.
- Assists Brand Manager and Media Planning team in the
development of media plans and initiatives, and communicates media
plans to the field in compelling sales materials.
- Leads day-to-day brand budget management, PO creation and
invoice processes. Ensures that dollars are allocated and spent in
an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters.
- Assists Brand Manager in working with the Retail & Field
Marketing teams to develop all national and local consumer
promotion programming at retail in both on and off premise
- Assists Brand Manager and the Lifestyle & Experiential
Marketing team in the identification and development of all event
marketing programming, including all national sponsorship events,
charitable donations, trade related functions, etc.
- Participates in market visits and assists in Business Unit
planning and review meetings, providing actionable insights and
brand/portfolio innovation and programming ideas based on key
- Assists Brand Manager with packaging development when
- Develops presentations for internal and external meetings, as
well as insights and analytics based brand selling tools
(presentations, sell sheets).Key Foundational Business & Leadership
- Thought Leader - Demonstrating industry and content expertise
with the ability to pioneer new ideas, efficiently and effectively
solve problems, and influence others while being open to
- Intense Drive - Leading with passion, enthusiasm, and a sense
of urgency that influences others to follow suit, with
self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
- Constantly Innovating - Developing and encouraging creative
ideas that challenge common thinking and help CBI gain a
competitive advantage while being open and agile to adapt, change,
and try new things to promote growth, learning, and
- Personal Leadership - Exhibiting excellent interpersonal
skills, charisma, and self-confidence to make an impact on teams,
coaching and motivating others, tackling new problems, and
advocating strongly for integrity and sensitivity.
- Results Oriented - Having a GM mindset that focuses on taking
decisive action to get things done while finding optimal balance
between quality and protecting the bottom-line.Experience Sets
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude to utilize trend
analysis, syndicated and customized research and other sources to
turn data and information into actionable insights.
- Strong quantitative acumen.
- Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills;
demonstrates ability to communicate and sell the strategies and
plans at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to interact successfully with management, field
personnel, agencies and cross functional teams, fostering open,
honest and direct communication.
- Ability to evaluate creative work in the context of brand
- Ability to manage complex project list, priorities and budgets
with a focus on driving for results.
- Ability to manage expectations of supervisor, other functional
groups and agency partners.
- Strong persuasion skills to gain alignment where needed.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- CPG, Beverage Alcohol or general marketing experience preferred
but not required.
- Demonstrates a genuine desire and passion for the wine &
spirits industry, and to think strategically and creatively, with a
financial orientation and analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and
strong project management skills.
- Proficient PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen) a plus.Preferred
- Experience in the CPG or Beverage Alcohol industries in a
marketing capacity preferred but not required.Physical
- Able to lift 40lbs on a regular basis.
- Work in a normal office environment. Sit at a workstation for
up to 2-hour intervals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 30%,
the wine industry is a hospitality-oriented industry, so
availability to work weekends and evenings on occasion as
- Must have valid U.S. passport.LocationSan Francisco,
CaliforniaAdditional LocationsJob TypeFull timeJob
AreaMarketingEqual OpportunityConstellation Brands is committed to
a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons
have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands,
regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual
orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic
characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity
or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status,
genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or
related conditions (or any other group or category within the
framework of the applicable discrimination laws and
Keywords: Constellation Brands, San Francisco , Associate Manager, Brand Management - Woodbridge, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!