Director of Infection Prevention and Staff Develop
Company: The Redwoods
Location: Mill Valley
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description THE COMPANYJoin our mission driven company. We
are a continuing care community located on 10 beautiful acres in
Mill Valley, CA. We maintain a creative and affordable community
that promotes good health, well-being, and security for a diverse
group of seniors. The Redwoods was founded in 1972 and operates as
a stand-alone care community that supports financial health for
seniors by offering HUD financial assistance, Medicare
rehabilitation, and Medi-Cal for long term care. SUMMARYThis
position manages the Infection Prevention and Antibiotic
Stewardship Programs as well as staff development and training for
team members in the Health Care Center. This position ensures the
community meets all regulatory and reporting requirements including
mitigation plans, certification and training programs, screening,
testing and other policies and procedures. May be required to
fulfill the duties of a Charge Nurse on occasion. Staff
- Oversees the Relias training for all HCC team members. Tracks
participation and follows up to ensure all team members are
compliant with the policies of The Redwoods, CDPH MCDPH and
- Provide infection control related training as requested.
- Works with the DON and Charge Nurses on assignment sheets for
vitals, showers and other tasks to make sure they occur as
scheduled and staff are properly trained.
- Prepares required paperwork for CAN re-certifications.
- Submits all required training plans to CDPH.
- Assists in survey preparation,
- Maintains all training and in-service records. Serves as
- Manages the PPE inventory with the Director of Facilities and
DON to insure adequate supplies.
- Adheres to all state and county guidelines and directives.
- Reads all CDPH AFLs and DSS PINS and notifies the HCC team and
other relevant staff of important changes.
- Participates in all important COVID-19 zoom calls with Marin
County DPH and notifies the HCC team and other relevant staff of
- Updates and revises the COVID-19 Mitigation Plan and Infection
Control Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures all line lists and other required reports are submitted
accurately and timely.
- Advises on the Employee Screening, Testing, Return to Work and
- With the Health Services Team communicates and coordinates
campus-wide policies and testing efforts and vaccination
- Develops and ensures all team members follow infection control
procedures including isolation precautions and transmissible
disease such as COVID PPE, flu and other requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment and
supplies (e.g. PPE, back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when
- Provides input and guidance on isolation and required types of
- Participates as an integral team member, collaborating with
various departments and colleagues, including Safety Officer, Human
Resources, Quality Officer and others as needed to advocate for
employee health and safety.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of all employee
health initiatives and programs.
- Will develop, alongside Human Resources, policies and
procedures for pre-employment and on-boarding processes for
employees on the campus.
- Participates in all required meetings and committees such as
Infection Control and QAPI and prepares and presents appropriate
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active CA license to
practice as an LVN/RN.
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in reading writing, speaking
and understanding the English language. Other languages a
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be able to effectively use the electronic medical record
software (MatrixCare) and other machines including but not limited
to such as fax/copier, or phones. Proficient in Microsoft
- Must be able to effectively use medical equipment and supplies
in order to teach and train others.
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach and train others calmly,
clearly and patiently. Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for 24+ hours
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Employer retirement plan contribution EEO Employer
Keywords: The Redwoods, San Francisco , Director of Infection Prevention and Staff Develop, Executive , Mill Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!