Director of Marketing
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 17, 2022
THE MODERN HOME OF AMERICAN GOLF
Located 30 miles north of downtown Dallas, Omni PGA Frisco Resort
is the largest resort currently in development in the country.
Opening spring 2023, the resort will feature 500 guest rooms and
suites, 10 four-bedroom ranch houses, three pools, including an
adults-only rooftop infinity pool, a destination spa, Lounge by Top
Golf, and over 127,000-square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting
and event space. An expansive retail and entertainment district
will feature dining, shopping and an outdoor stage set to be
activated for concerts and outdoor programming. The Resort will
become a leading destination for golf providing an unparalleled
experience for those who are advanced players, new to the game, and
everything in between. The resort will offer 46 holes of golf
designed by Beau Welling and Gil Hanse, including two 18-hole
championship golf courses, a lighted 10-hole short course, and a
lighted two-acre putting green. -
The Director of Marketing -is tenacious, organized, detail
oriented, results-driven and is responsible for developing and
executing the marketing strategy that drives the resorts' awareness
and revenue. This leader will collaborate closely with all the
business unit leaders (and PGA Frisco partners). The ideal
candidate will be a creative-problem solver, thrive under pressure,
enjoy a fast-paced work environment. -
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan that
supports the resorts' business goals and the customer journey
(spanning group, leisure, local, business traveler). Ensure the
storytelling of the resort's offerings, experiences and unique
positioning are pulled through across all sales and marketing
touchpoints to consumers.
- Create and execute an annual marketing plan; update the plan
quarterly/monthly based on business need. Ensure the plan drives
awareness and demand across customer segments, in both a
pre-opening and operating environment. This holistic plan will
include B2C and B2B marketing, communications and digital channels
to drive awareness/buzz, revenue and generate meeting and catering
leads across owned and influenced channels (or platforms). This
position is accountable for the creation, planning and performance
of all media (digital, print, OOH).
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing,
Director of Revenue Management, Director of Resort Activities, and
other department heads to develop and execute a resort calendar
(content, promotional, programming/activations). Work closely on
the annual budget/strategic planning process for the upcoming
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget, including forecasting
and reconciling of expenses, and annual marketing budget planning.
Collaborate with director of finance and hotel leadership team to
adjust marketing budgets based on market conditions, over the
course of the year.
- Serve as the senior marketing leader, in partnership with
sales, revenue and other department leaders, to ensure marketing
strategies and objectives, support broader commercial goals. Serve
as the subject matter expert for the Omni PGA Frisco Resort brand,
ensuring compliance with Omni brand standards across all customer
touchpoints and the resort's local positioning in the marketplace.
Leverage the corporate brand, marketing and digital and CRM/Loyalty
team for maximum efficiency.
- Oversee and foster ongoing media relationships, including
hosting media events and coordinating logistics across the PGA
Frisco campus with key partners. Partner and develop deep
relationships with the PGA of America, City of Frisco and other
public/private partners entities, to capitalize on brand synergies
and ensure marketing and communications are alignment. Develop and
nurture marketing relationships with Visit Dallas, Visit Frisco and
other destination marketing organizations.
- Develop a marketing scorecard to measure the results of
marketing strategies, campaigns and tactics. Analyze and report out
on results monthly, quarterly, annually with the Executive
Committee and proactively identify areas for
refinement/optimization, based on business needs.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of all resort photography
and videos, to ensure that assets are on-brand and support the
resorts' business objectives. Collaborate with department heads to
ensure that visual assets are curated and socialized across
- Develop, manage and mentor on-property marketing associates.
Identify and manage marketing agency partners, directly or
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal communications
(reports, presentations) that represent the sales and marketing
efforts of the resort for internal stakeholders and the results
that have been realized.
- Stay apprised of marketing best practices and make strategic
recommendation. Understand and know the competitive landscape.
- Degree in communications or marketing, or similar
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in resort marketing
with responsibility over marketing, digital and communications and
ownership over the strategy, execution and results.
- Experience managing marketing budgets of over $1M, including
all planning and execution (across group and leisure
- Robust creative skills with the ability to balance
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal,
- Experience with resorts or big box hotels
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to activate and
program spaces (and create experiences) in order to drive resort
buzz, local foot traffic and outlet/resort revenue
- Experience presenting to EC teams and ownership groups
- Upper-upscale/luxury resort marketing
- Experience working in an pre-opening environment
- Social media technology, marketing and reporting
- Strong creative and organizational skills
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran
employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are
available using the following links: -EEOC is the Law Poster -and
the following link is the -OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement -If you are interested in
applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, San Francisco , Director of Marketing, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!