Cancer Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - DATA MANAGER - Pediatric Oncology
Company: Stanford Medicine
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Cancer Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - DATA MANAGER -
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of
National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers
in the country, and is a prominent, dynamic, growing and complex
Institute within the Stanford University School of Medicine. The
SCI actively works to build synergies and collaborations among
faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over
30 departments across Stanford University. We seek a Cancer
Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - Data Manager to help us
enact our mission to reduce cancer mortality through comprehensive
programs of cancer research, treatment, education and outreach.
Given the SCI's mission, breadth, and depth, it employs over 320
staff members in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinking
environment with tremendous opportunities for personal and
professional growth. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an
integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital
work performed there enables our adult and pediatric cancer centers
to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical
setting. You will be working with an unparalleled leading-edge
community of faculty and staff who are fundamentally changing the
world of health care in the cancer arena.
Reporting to Clinical Research Manager for Sarcoma Oncology, the
Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - Data Manager will be
conversant in the goals, mission and priorities of the Institute,
and utilize this knowledge to manage data, enroll and follow
patients on trial and assist with regulatory and financial
requirements of the trials. We are seeking candidates with
excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to
detail, high organizational skills and experience managing study
data. Our staff run toward challenges, and you will have a
demonstrated history of doing the same with a high degree of
professionalism, initiative and flexibility. Responsibilities
include managing study data, developing specific study documents,
working with study teams, updating databases, and other duties.
Core duties include:
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical
research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow
sheets and other study related documents, and complete study
documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit
case report forms for completion and accuracy with source
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and
research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Participate in preparation for monitor visits and regulatory
audits and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors.
- May coordinate collection of study specimens and
- May assist in assembling study kits for study visits, monitor
scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and
attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical research and federal
- Familiarity with IRB guidelines and regulations.
- Previous experience with clinical trials.
- Previous work with EPIC
- Attention to detail; highly organized
- Previous experience managing study data
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of
Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a
bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination
of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical
Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk-based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, .
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 93803 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, San Francisco , Cancer Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - DATA MANAGER - Pediatric Oncology, Executive , Saratoga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!