Senior Product Manager (Registration Growth)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Registering visitors is a critical part of NerdWallet's strategy
to create a highly engaged audience who choose to return for all of
their money questions. As the Product Manager for the Welcome Pod
you will be responsible for growing our registration rates by
building, testing, and optimizing features that make it easy for
every visitor to sign up for a NerdWallet account. You will
strategize with stakeholders from the Business and Marketing teams
to create your roadmap. You will also collaborate with your
partners in Design, Engineering, and Analytics to execute an
experimentation based approach to deliver features that will drive
registrations across all of our consumer facing experiences.
This position will hold the Product Owner role on a Scrum team and
report to a Director of Product.
Where you can make an impact:
- Grow registration rates by delivering features and experiences
that make the registration process easy and accessible for every
- Collaborate with the CRM team to identify opportunities for all
NerdWallet PMs to provide our existing and newly acquired audience
with more personalized guidance over time.
- Use hypothesis-driven product experimentation to manage the
lifecycle of an experiment (opportunity identification, ideation,
hypothesis development, building, launching, analyzing, and
iterating upon A/B tests) to optimize the performance of your
- Sound product judgment: You present clear measurable objectives
that will lead to achieving business goals.
- A self-starter/team player attitude: You are excited by a
fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with
owning large projects.
- Solid business/strategic intuition: You are able to identify
the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and
devise clear action plans.
- An analytical approach: You can properly evaluate the success
or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- Strong product intuition: You have a clear sense of how to
gather insights and synthesize consumer needs and can use all
available data to validate opportunities quickly.
- Strong communication skills: You can look at a complex set of
data or user research learnings, synthesize them, and make them
accessible to engineers, designers, and executives.
- Consumer-first mindset: You obsess about how to make product
experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the
consumer's best interest in product decisions.
- Strong design sense: You know what good looks like and work
through design challenges to make high-quality products.
- Technical chops: You collaborate successfully with engineers to
build incrementally with a focus on the future.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If
you meet most of the criteria below and you're excited about the
opportunity and willing to learn, we'd love to hear from you.
- 4+ years in product management at a consumer internet or mobile
- Undergraduate degree or relevant professional experience
- A background in publishing or content experience development is
- Familiarity with A/B/n testing tools and analytics best
- This role will be based in San Francisco or remote (based in
the United States).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you
are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the
physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life's a series of balancing acts,
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans
for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy - Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child
placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and
pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives - Intramural Sports, Employee
Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion,
Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids
to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we'll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward - Donate
to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite
barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program - choose from different items
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember
the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial
products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this
important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: NerdWallet, San Francisco , Senior Product Manager (Registration Growth), Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!