Associate Brand Manager - American Whiskeys
Company: Hotaling & Co.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Hotaling & Co., formerly Anchor Distilling Company, is an importer
and distiller of fine spirits headquartered in San Francisco.
Originally established in 1993 by beverage visionary Fritz Maytag,
fueled by the bold realization that there were no pot-distilled
whiskies or high-end craft gins being made legally in America at
the time. As a result, Anchor Distilling Company is credited with
creating Americas first craft whiskey (Old Potrero) and gin
(Junipero Gin) after Prohibition. In 2010, Fritz Maytag retired and
sold Anchor Distilling Company to a business partnership that
included Tony Foglio and London's oldest wine and spirit merchant,
Berry Bros. & Rudd. With the sale, Anchor Distilling Company
expanded beyond production on Potrero Hill to incorporate importing
a collection of super-premium craft spirits from around the world.
Today, newly named Hotaling & Co., has earned a nationwide
reputation for its curated portfolio of premium craft spirits
imported into the U.S. that is made up of over 300 specialty
products from nearly 23 countries. The Hotaling name remains a part
of San Francisco drinking culture as the distillery celebrates 25
years of production, a proud tradition that will continue into the
future alongside the other core business pillars: importing and
Hotaling & Co. strives to be the worlds best artisanal spirits and
cocktails company. Both a distiller (in the heart of San Francisco)
and importer (of some of the worlds most coveted brands), Hotaling
& Co. has a unique business model that is fueling tremendous
growth. We are always on the lookout for those likeminded spirits
that could enhance our company (partners across brand owners,
distributors, retailers, employees and drinker communities). We are
actively seeking to add an Associate Brand Manager, reporting to
the brand lead for American Whiskeys based at our San Francisco
headquarters. This full-time role is pivotal to the growth of the
companys owned whiskey brands (Hirsch, Old Potrero, Old Kirk). The
right individual will align to our values, brings a growth mindset,
and holds experience in modern brand marketing and project
The Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) will be responsible for multiple
workstreams that are key to grow Hotaling and Co. owned American
whiskey brands. American whiskey is a fast-growing segment which
has accelerated in the last five years, with increasing innovation
and trade activity. This role is highly visible due to the
importance placed on these brands.
The ABM will assist the Brand Manager(s), and CMO with the
development execution of brand initiatives, provide admin and
project coordination assistance, and contribute to the development
and execution of annual brand plans. This person will also work
closely with the marketing team, cross-functional and the sales
team, and external partners such as: agencies and export
- Be an active champion during Brand Planning process.
- Contribute to the development and execution of consumer and
trade marketing programs that drive growth and build brand
- Develop briefs for agencies and project manage the agency
- Partner with Sales in heavy-up markets to execute local
- Serve as the field general on Sales inquiries relating to
- Assist with brand budgeting, invoice coding and processing, and
- Support day to day brand logistics including new item/single
cask launch support, allocations, and inventory.
- Support the Brand Manager with innovation (strategy, ideation,
- Develop product knowledge and a sense of market dynamics
through training, market visits, and customer interaction.
- Partner with Finance to develop brand reports monthly and
- Execute brand events to include education programs, bartending
contests, sampling, staff trainings, features and incentives aimed
at creating brand awareness and encouraging consumer, trade, media
advocacy through memorable experiences.
- For events, manage external and internal staffing of events,
creating event tools and POS, managing product delivery and all bar
needs, and complete event recaps.
- Collaborate with the PR agency on execution, including develop
assets for journalists, manage media mailers & samples, coordinate
staff & press/trade trips to Distilleries (Pier 50 /Bardstown
Bourbon & Co), and submit products for competitions.
- Work with the Social Media agencies to execute the brands
social media strategy.
- Update brands on website as necessary: awards, cocktails,
product info, etc.
- Work with local market teams to develop marketing tools,
educational presentations, meaningful content, update brand
- Assist in the creation of commercial tools (POS, Incentives,
Displays, etc.) Qualifications
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors degree required, preferably in Business and/or
- Minimum of 3 years of brand marketing experience (Beverage
Alcohol a plus)
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Good fundamentals of P&L management (pricing, discount,
- Experience in analyzing brand performance with understanding of
- Strong alignment to company culture and values
- Positive can do attitude with a growth mindset
- Embraces an entrepreneurial mindset with a long-term view
- Highly curious and culturally in tune i.e., lifestyle
- Data and Insight driven with ability to influence others with
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able vet out solutions working
- Self-starter with high tolerance for multi-tasking, flexibility
and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Broad time commitment including some nights. Travel up to 20%
of the time
The above statements describe the essential functions and
qualifications needed for Senior Associate Brand Manager has been
prepared by Hotaling & Co., LLC to use in planning, staffing,
budgeting and/or evaluation of employees. It also provides
employees with a guide to the duties they are expected to perform.
It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this
position. Actual job responsibilities may change at management's
discretion, without notice.
Hotaling & Co., LLC is an at-will employer, which means that an
employee may resign or Hotaling & Co., LLC may separate an employee
from service with or without cause at any time for any reason.
There is nothing written in this position description that
guarantees continued employment. I have read the above position
description and believe that it does accurately define the job.by
Keywords: Hotaling & Co., San Francisco , Associate Brand Manager - American Whiskeys, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!