Sr. Manager, Product Performance
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and
understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity
to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new
level? We are looking for a seasoned, creative Sr. Manager, Product
Performance to help us focus on the scalability and performance of
our products and build meaningful benchmarks that address customer
At Splunk, each and every release of our software is highly
scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Sr. Manager,
Product Performance, you'll have a key role in our products'
success. You will collaborate with peers, field teams, customers to
understand and encapsulate the use cases into industry standard
benchmarks. You will work with product management and interact
direct with our customers to get direct exposure to the usage
patterns we strive to satisfy. You will also drive projects to
integrate benchmarking into our continuous integration and test
What You'll Be Doing
- You will lead a team of extraordinary, highly motivated
software engineers who are responsible to make Splunk products
performant, scalable and reliable. You will be responsible for
providing performance insights and identify optimization
opportunities to product stakeholders, triage production
performance bottlenecks, and identify and fix performance issues
while working with all engineering teams.
- Work with various product teams design and develop state-of-art
solutions to existing performance problems, and performance
analysis tools to allow dev teams to gain further insight into
- You will help cultivate the engineering culture of owning
performance, so every engineer knows that their code is accurately
tested in an autonomous fashion as they deploy to each
- In order to effectively lead this team, you will need
exceptional leadership skills, familiarity with performance tools,
proficiency with agile development methodologies, and the ability
to operate within short release cycles.
- Own end-to-end performance coverage, identify bottlenecks and
work with the Engineering teams to address issues.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the performance,
efficiency and scalability of services and systems to help scale
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, trade offs, risk as
well as performance management of all staff reporting to you.
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring
to team members.Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- 10+ years performance engineering experience with a
distinguished track record of driving performance across a large
- 7+ years management experience with demonstrated ability to
attract, develop and retain talent.
- Strong technical skills in Big Data Platform and distributed
computing system, micro service, cloud native performance. Domain
knowledge in cloud computing.
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and
measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with
profiling tools, pstack, qmlprofiler
- Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve
- Experience in taking on problems of load, scale, and
optimizations of sophisticated large-scale deployments
- Expert in scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages
- Ability to empower people, instill accountability and achieve
- Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous
specifications and can prioritize on the fly.Extended
- Experience with enterprise software capacity planning a big
- Masters/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Keywords: Splunk, San Francisco , Sr. Manager, Product Performance, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!