Director/ VP Business Development
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Nium is a next-generation financial services platform that
enables companies around the world to unlock new revenue
opportunities and improve cash flow economics
Nium is a leader in its geographical and payment service breadth,
owning licenses in the worlds largest and fastest-growing
economies. Our modular platform allows banks, payment providers,
travel companies, and other businesses to collect and disburse
funds in local currencies to over 100 countries, plus issue
physical and virtual cards globally. Our proprietary set of APIs
embeds financial services and can bring to life multiple B2B and
B2C use cases in a matter of weeks.
Nium is part of CB Insights Fintech 250, which highlights the most
promising Fintech companies globally. Today, Nium serves over 130
million customers and enables platforms to provide access to
financial services to over 3 billion people across the world.
Where do you come into the picture?
Your primary responsibilities will be to acquire new clients in the
US and generate incremental revenues for the firm. You will be
spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients,
acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients
business, operations and performance, and work with the management
team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices
and provide consistent high competent sales skills.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree
effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship
management and account management across the various domains the
have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card
processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across
the region, effectively negotiating and persuading potential
clients the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly
demonstrate track record beating performance when it comes
achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and
ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and
fintech regulatory environment
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets
on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high pressure situations across
a range of clients with differing business needs and operating
environment across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling
skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial
and customer satisfaction goals
- Pro-actively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through
direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building
relationships with key players in banks, financial firms,
marketplaces, ecommerce providers and others to generate qualified
opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision
makers, convincing the client about value proposition and closing
- 5-10 years of technology firm experience, within the financial
services domain in business development, sales and origination
experience across US, preferably in payments, remittances and/or
- Consistently meet and exceed both individual and team sales
- Deep network of contacts in the region and an understanding of
financial, ecommerce, banking, payments and financial services
- Proven experience in having built a pipeline in the region and
delivering on ambitious volume and revenue targets, growing year on
- A track record of project leadership experience and partnering
with a mix of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading all aspects of the business development
lifecycle for multiple accounts
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, MBA a
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leavesby Jobble
Keywords: Nium, San Francisco , Director/ VP Business Development, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!