Director, Marketing Technology
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
We're a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime.
Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both
online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed,
co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming,
news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about
our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are
still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time.
This role is expected to start remotely, and we'll work closely
with you as we understand every person has unique
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our
group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences
for our passionate communities.
About The Team: Marketing Innovation
The Marketing Innovation team is responsible for marketing to fans,
supporting our streaming service, ecommerce and events businesses.
The team consists of experts in lifecycle, product, and integrated
marketing functions, setting strategy and execution of consumer
facing campaigns that engage and inspire fans. We work extensively
with our broader marketing organization, with key partnerships with
creative, content and product teams.
Crunchyroll is looking for a Marketing Technology Director to help
lead the technical elements that support marketing - primarily its
marketing automation system Braze and our CDP instance. Working
closely with the lifecycle team and other key marketing
collaborators, this role will be instrumental in unlocking the
value of our tools and automating processes and campaigns for our
global teams. Working within the marketing innovation team, you
will be responsible for planning, executing, analyzing and
optimizing lifecycle strategies while serving as a subject matter
authority for omni-channel communication. With an orientation
around our target customer experience and generating measurable
engagements that drive short and long-term business results. The
ideal candidate is a technologist at heart but can speak the
language of marketing and effectively work with marketing partners
on defining and implementing requirements.
A day in the life of our Director, Marketing Technology:
- Build roadmaps, project plans, technical specs and work with
internal organizations to ensure that Braze functions according to
standard methodologies, introduce new features and address any gaps
brought up by third party and internal audits.
- Understand the end to end journey for global streaming and shop
services and ensure that the team has the technical capabilities
and can meet all the requirements to run planned lifecycle
- Help manage the customer and prospect list health, monitor
deliverability, troubleshoot issues and work closely with partners
to stay compliant across contracts, internal policies and
- Work with analytics and data engineering teams to automate
reporting, build dashboards and deliver daily, weekly and monthly
- Stay on top of new technologies, standard methodologies and
competitive insights to be able to provide recommendations on new
technical solutions as they align with business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement across email, push, in-app metrics
including conversion rates by enabling the team with system best
- Define marketing requirements in the management and integration
of our CDP across multiple platforms, providing use cases, insights
and feedback to engineers to ensure we have a golden record of our
customer and can use it to deliver relevant communications.
- Assist the paid marketing team in troubleshooting issues within
analytics platforms (google analytics, amplitude) and enabling new
integrations by partnering with the product team.
- Coordinate experimentation and learning agenda roadmap, in
partnership with the Director of Lifecycle to ensure they are being
carried out in the most efficient way possible supporting
Crunchyroll's business objectives.
- 8+ years working with Marketing Automation systems and building
CRM platform capabilities for high-growth companies.
- Hands on experience with email marketing, automation software
and CRM tools; Braze experience preferred
- Experience working with growth marketing frameworks,
acquisition, lead nurture campaigns and retention strategies.
- CDP solutions experience.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Management and
other web metrics systems; and specifically how marketing cloud can
interact with other platforms
- Proficiency with web optimization tools like Optimizely or
Wordpress a bonus.
- Prior roles working in fast scaling growth companies,
subscription businesses and start-ups
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive in a fast-paced
Benefits: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- "Use What You Need" time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying
to our job openings will only be contacted directly from
@crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any
questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job
offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and
territories through the content they love. Best known as a top
streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll
also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community
through social, events, games, consumer products, content
distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime
through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with
Citel, a subsidiary of M--dia-Participations), and Anime on Demand
video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for
viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts - top series
available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's
services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video,
and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll
Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZ-- Movie Nights),
consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners
(Crunchyroll, KAZ--, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZ-- Games,
and manga (KAZ-- Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San
Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau,
Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies
(Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You'll see these in action if we're lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We've taken different paths to get here
-- but we're in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we
- Champion Change - We're agile and see change as an opportunity
to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to
do more -- but we're deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We're showing the world how special anime
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Crunchyroll, San Francisco , Director, Marketing Technology, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!