Senior Manager, Payroll
Company: Circle Internet Financial Limited
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
San Francisco - will also consider remote in US Circle is a
global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all
sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public
blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications
worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of
internet-native financial services for payments, treasury
infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal
developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing
dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 30
billion in circulation and supported over $1.2+ trillion in
transactions in the past year. Circle's payments and treasury
infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and
APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency
and blockchain based finance. Circle's SeedInvest service brings
internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and
growth companies. Combined, Circle's suite of services helps
companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive
financial system. What you'll be part of: With the mission "To
raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange
of financial value," Circle was founded on the belief that the
internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global
economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive,
efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global
economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely
connect and transact with each other with new technologies for
digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system
can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our
mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all
Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of
our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our
local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful,
Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be
responsible for: This role will successfully implement
best-in-class payroll management to develop people and payroll
processes. You will have overall responsibility for managing
payroll across a suite of technologies and various integrations
with a focus on getting our payroll function public company and SOX
404 ready for 2022 and beyond. The position is accountable for the
management of the day-to-day payroll activities and providing
support to the Talent, Finance, and other internal/external
clients. What you'll work on:
- Responsible for hiring, developing and mentoring direct reports
and future team members.
- You will manage payroll activities and or program components to
ensure efficient department functionality, including compliance
with all country, federal, state, and local tax laws, company
policies and procedures.
- Oversee, implement, maintain, and review payroll processing
systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes,
equity related transactions (stock options, restricted stock units
and employee stock purchase plan) and other deductions.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing
software, systems, and procedures.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of various payroll related
documents (e.g. SOC 1 reports, retirement plan transfers, payroll
registers, stop payments, W-2 controls, etc.).
- Document and maintain key policies, processes, and procedures,
compliant with SOX standards for internal controls over financial
- Manage international payrolls (UK, Ireland, Germany, etc),
create appropriate segregation of duties and oversight, ensure
accurate record keeping for payroll and tax accounting purposes and
to ensure protection of Personal Identifiable information
- Effectively collaborates with Talent, Finance, Security, IT,
Compliance, and other teams to provide support for requests such as
enhancements, defects, and new functionality.
- Manage external payroll service vendor relationships, including
PEO's and EOR's.
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling
impacting payroll. Enforce adherence and advise management on
- Develop and implement appropriate payroll related processes to
ensure data integrity, while minimizing manual effort, to ensure
- Works with relevant stakeholders on various system integrations
(e.g., stock plan management, 401(k) recordkeeper, HRIS system,
- Recommends best practices to ensure optimal use of the payroll
and benefit community and other forums, including online
discussions, brainstorms, voting, training, webinars, etc. You will
aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our
customers, shareholders, employees and families and local
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to
pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our
passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue
excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work
intensely to achieve your goals.--
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and
you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You
reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. What you'll bring
- 8+ years payroll experience working a complex, growing multi
state environment required and experience with managing multiple
international payroll and providers.
- Ability to hire excellent new team members' as well as train
and develop team members' career progression.--
- Experience in taking a company from private to a publicly
listed company is highly preferred.
- Through understanding on how to process global payroll
transactions related to stock options, restricted stock units
(RSUs) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Manage compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage,
and hour laws.
- Strong background in payroll tax payments and filings.
- Communicate best practices, methods, processes, and consult
with stakeholders and identify metrics and interpretation needed in
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and
- Self-motivated with a focus on driving results and a strong
sense of accountability.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated desire to exceed
expectations and deliver an excellent experience.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management,
customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work
accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent
- CPP is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.--
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. Do you currently have
authorization to work in the United States? --*
-- Will you, now or in the future, require the support of Circle to
maintain that authorization? --*
-- How many years of experience do you have working with HCM/HRIS
systems and data in a highly complex global environment? --*
Do you have experience working for a company in the process of
going public? --*
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your
personal information.--Please refer to our candidate privacy
notice--here --for more information on how we will be using your
personal information. By submitting your application, you agree
that you have read and understood the--candidate privacy notice .
Keywords: Circle Internet Financial Limited, San Francisco , Senior Manager, Payroll, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!