Proposal Manager (Mgr Proposals 2) - 2824
Company: Huntington Ingalls Industries
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Search by Keyword (use Keyword for Remote Positions) A division
of Huntington Ingalls Industries Who We Are HII - Technical
Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking a senior proposal manager
to become a key member of its winning Northern Virginia proposal
operations staff. This position is located in our office in--Fair
Lakes, VA. We are a fast-paced and growing organization that needs
someone with federal government proposal experience who can work
closely with all levels of personnel to frame and deliver a high
scoring proposal. The proposal manager will lead proposals, provide
writing support, and act as a trusted advisor to capture teams. In
that respect, the proposal manager will work with teams during
pre-RFP to develop technical solutions, win strategies, and winning
strengths that become part of the winning bid. The proposal manager
may also lead task order proposals and requests for information. A
division of Huntington Ingalls Industries Defense & Federal
- Defense & Federal Solutions, a business group within Huntington
Ingalls Industries' Technical Solutions division, helps solve tough
national security challenges for the Department of Defense, the
intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. Our expert
capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
(ISR), and cyber; secure enterprise IT engineering and operations;
military training and simulation; logistics management and
integrated product support; and fleet maintenance, modernization,
repair and sustainment. What you will do
- Develop and implement the proposal management plan aligned to
capture strategy, strengths, themes, and discriminators.
- Develop and own the proposal outline to allocate instructions
and requirements in a compliant manner.
- Develop and own the compliance matrix. Fully responsible for
compliance with RFP requirements.
- Design, assign, and review storyboards/outlines, graphics, and
section drafts to ensure requirements are met in a compliant
- Focus on producing a winning document.
- Direct and perform writing efforts to achieve a persuasive,
customer-focused, clear, and concise proposal.
- Lead daily stand up calls, establish color review plans, and
address color review comments.
- Work with volume leads to ensure cross-volume accuracy.
- Support the corporate proposal approval process, as
- Participate in lessons learned activities and contribute
recommendations for process improvement.
- Assist with team initiatives, reviews, mentoring.
- Must possess judgement skills necessary to escalate critical
issues and risks. What we are looking for
- 6 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; or
4 years relevant experience with Masters in related field.
- Proven experience with federal government proposals.
- Experience with intelligence community bids.
- Clearance: Must possess an active Top Secret clearance.
Preferred: Bonus Points For....
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic
- Shipley or APMP training
- Experience with Microsoft tools Huntington Ingalls Industries
is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider
of professional services to partners in government and industry.
For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls
shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more
ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder.
HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of
professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven
Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas
groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more
than 42,000 people operating both domestically and
-- Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and
Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain
Keywords: Huntington Ingalls Industries, San Francisco , Proposal Manager (Mgr Proposals 2) - 2824, Executive , Fairfax, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!