Accounting Advisory Manager (San Francisco - East Bay)
Company: BPM LLP
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community,
diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for "Because People Matter," because at our core, our
people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing
modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on
comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our
clients, and we provide our people and our community with the
resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms,
our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have
professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive
us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas
that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from
different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people
intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one
of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and beyond. We are
dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees
along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated
lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a
balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal
Accounting Advisory Overview
BPM's Business & Outsourcing Services team provides comprehensive
financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run
companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do
this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow
modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in
securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit
strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk
management, system and processes optimization and merger and
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business
Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP
system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology,
to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest
and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four
accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility
of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our
clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area's "Best Place to Work" and
"No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For" by Accounting
You Have (Requirements)
- An active CPA license.
- Minimum 7 years' experience between both public accounting and
industry as part of an accounting function.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of
- Experience developing and mentoring junior level staff.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background,
including ability to research complex technical accounting issues
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm
leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to address both
executive and technical level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong
attention to detail.
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
You Will (Responsibilities)
- Oversee, supervise and manage multiple accounting services for
- Have "in-charge" responsibilities for small to mid-size private
company family run businesses.
- Be managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries,
account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial
statements, and financial reports.
- Provide information to the tax department and prepare the
client federal and state tax returns.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and
understand processes and internal controls.
- Set budgets, select staff, and assign workloads.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training,
regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements
by knowing the range of firm services.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide
further growth and learning experiences.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified
candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner
consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only.
Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered
property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Keywords: BPM LLP, San Francisco , Accounting Advisory Manager (San Francisco - East Bay), Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!