Sr Manager, IT Security
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Job Description - Sr Manager, IT Security (267443) Sr Manager,
IT Security - 267443 Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Primary
Location Other Locations WA-Seattle, UT-Salt Lake City, AZ-Phoenix,
CA-Los Angeles, OR-Portland Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular Overtime Status Exempt Job Type Experienced
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift Day Job Job Sensitivity Tier II
- No Credit Check The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is
looking for a Sr. Manager, IT Security to join our Information
Security Team. The Federal Reserve has a global mission and offers
leading edge work in a stable environment with competitive pay,
superior benefits AND a true "work life balance". If you desire to
be part of a world-class team and to develop your skills and
experience beyond anything available in the commercial sector, the
Federal Reserve is the place for you. The mission of the SF Fed,
one of twelve Districts within the Federal Reserve System (FRS), is
to promote low inflation, full employment and financial stability,
and provide services to financial institutions. As the largest
District by geography and size of economy, the importance our
success cannot be understated. As the Sr. Manager, IT Security you
will be responsible for leading the function along with managing
staff to help SF FRB's Information Security Team to address the
risk of cyber threats that are continuing to increase in number and
sophistication. A premier security team is critical to the success
of the Bank's mission. You will demonstrate both your technical
depth, and soft skills to build collaborative relationships with
all levels including analysts, engineers, management, and
executives in this exciting role. You will be responsible for the
information security operations and threat and vulnerability
management activities for the SF FRB, including all of its
- Lead the Federal Reserve Bank of SF's Information Security
Operations Program to include managing the portfolio of work and
professional growth of a team of security analysts.
- Partner with personnel across the Federal Reserve System to
form strong partnerships, and offer cyber security advice, to
inform balanced risk management decisions.
- Collaborate with the Fed System's national team that leads
cross-district incidents, and other cyber threats.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the System to share
information and work on system-wide challenges.
- Assist with building or implementing robust threat-driven,
risk-based cyber security policies and controls.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of current and future
- Help implement and track the effectiveness of security
- Execute on full range of management responsibilities including
budget planning and vendor management.
- Provide mentorship and development to strengthen your team's
technical and organizational skills.
- Adapt to the needs of the Bank as new cyber threats emerge and
as Bank priorities and initiatives change.
- Apply your strong organizational skills and ability to perform
under pressure and to handle competing priorities. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business
Management or a related field or equivalent professional
experience; Master's degree desirable.
- Typically requires ten or more years of relevant IT and
business work experience with expert knowledge of one
- Typically requires seven or years of formal people management,
or leading teams: recruiting, managing, mentoring, and developing
- Demonstrated success with providing threat and vulnerability
management support to large organizations.
- A diverse background in technical security disciplines to
include security assessments (e.g. penetration testing) and
incident response procedures and tools.
- Knowledgeable about the current cyber security landscape.
- A record of innovation and delivery of high-quality,
- Experience with industry frameworks, methodologies, and
toolsets such as:
- NIST 800-53, NIST 800-30, NIST 800-61, NIST CSF
- MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Center for Internet Security
- Common security & vulnerability assessment tools (e.g. Nessus,
Metasploit, Burp Suite)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills;
ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring
them to resolution.
- Real passion for information security and a drive for learning
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 10% after health emergency. At the
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful
benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax
Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child
Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation
Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday's, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k),
and an unheard of Retirement / Pension. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. At the Federal Reserve Bank of San
Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and
experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that
is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve
Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, San Francisco , Sr Manager, IT Security, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!