Senior Director, Development Strategy & Ops
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
The Senior Director, Development Strategy & Ops will oversee the
development and execution of strategic partnerships and practices
for The Digital Experience Platform product and engineering teams.
This leadership role will orchestrate the delivery of a transformed
Salesforce digital experience globally, leveraging best-in-class
technology and systems-including Salesforce's own platform. As the
salesforce continues to grow, our Digital Experience Teams ensure
visitors, prospects, customers, and trailblazers can connect with
Salesforce content and capability in a seamless and engaging
The successful candidate will have expertise in the digital website
and B2B landscape and a proven ability to deliver through multiple
programs. They will have a clear vision of running digital as a
product and be able to drive the grounded pragmatic execution of
the product plan in partnership with others. The successful
candidate will be an experienced people manager adept at inspiring
and delivering with both direct and virtual teams.
The Senior Director of Development for Digital will partner with
stakeholders across the Salesforce including product teams,
marketing, information technology, and website stakeholders to set
the operational agenda. The individual will lead a small team of
technical program managers and systems engineers and be responsible
for delivery through project initiation, execution, and deployment
in scrum-agile work practice.
- Define, partner and lead a team of program managers to scale
out development of the Digital Experience Platform and Experiences.
Partner across teams and clouds to lead executive stakeholder
engagement on progress and needs.
- Define partner and lead the implementation of DevOps / TechOps
partnerships and practices. Partner across teams to transform
siloed support models into an integrated DevOps model.
- Own practices and tools strategy and execution for integrating
Product Management, Engineering, and Stakeholder collaboration.
Develop integrated practices for intake and work management.
- Provide support for Business Operations as available and per
- Lead teams responsible for owning app and website road-mapping,
security/access policy, and ongoing run-the-business delivery
- Lead teams responsible for driving the broader digital
technology roadmap at Salesforce, including Salesforce on
Salesforce and vendor review, selection, and oversight
- Provide regular updates to leadership, escalating items when
needed but with presence and relationships to identify and resolve
most issues independently
- Knowledgeably and successfully present our strategy, plans, and
current progress/actions to senior executive audiences inside and
(as approved with PR) outside the company
- Foster, facilitate, and furnish, timely decision-making across
a broad network of stakeholders, delivery partners, and operational
- Quickly adopt awareness and demonstrate command of policies,
processes, and programs with discernment of the different
pressure-points for each.
- Collaborate with security, architecture, engineering, quality,
support, experience, program, and infrastructure partners in
coordinating the delivery of complex, multi-year initiatives
- Represent and lead diverse delivery functions in
program/project core team and executive meetings.
- Accountability for team integrity, product excellence, decision
making, delivery estimates and roadmaps, career development,
communications, and project outcomes.
- The position is based in San Francisco, Indianapolis, or as a
remote worker in North America. Requires some flex time for
meetings with teams in Hyderabad and occasional travel to
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience delivering
- Minimum 10 years leadership with Program, Tech Ops, Product and
- B.A., B.Sc. or equivalent
- Deep experience in enterprise products/applications with an
emphasis on the website, marketing, and digital engagement
- Expertise in implementing Salesforce solutions.
- Expertise at delivering web experiences at a high scale.
- Business savvy for budgeting, project structuring, vendor and
partner management, staff structuring, and negotiations
- Assessing the capabilities, impact, and shortcomings of changes
in enterprise business architectures and processes from a technical
and business standpoint
- Familiar and comfortable with agile/scrum development
- Able to put his/her hands-on experience to use and work as an
individual contributor (when required)
- Communicate with business as well as technical audiences. Able
to write clear and concise documentation, excellent written and
spoken communication skills
- Function independently and as part of a team under aggressive
deadlines in a (really) fast-paced environment, convey a strong
professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward
all assigned work, and strive for continuous improvement. The
successful candidate will enjoy the risk and opportunity of
advanced technology development
- Impressive presentation skills and experience communicating and
convincing audiences from analysts to C-suite
- Familiarity with Salesforce Experience Cloud products
- Familiarity with Content Management and Taxonomy.
- Experience in professional services roles/engagements
- Agile/Scrum certifications
- Background in technology consulting
- Background in cloud product development
- Travel requirements: less than 15%Accommodations - If you
require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions
please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
Posting Statement At Salesforce we believe that the business of
business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a
responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more
about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity,
national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept
unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that
does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or
Salesforce.org. Salesforce welcomes all. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Founded in
1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship
Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using
Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service,
marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a
whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize
companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world. Salesforce is built
on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation,
and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping
create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This
has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by
Fortune as one of the "Most Admired Companies in the World" and one
of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" eleven years in a row, and
named "Innovator of the Decade" and one of the "World's Most
Innovative Companies" eight years in a row by Forbes. There are
those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then,
there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the
ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now
instead of later. Doing something that's so much bigger than
themselves, an industry, and their company. We believe everyone can
be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new
Keywords: Salesforce, San Francisco , Senior Director, Development Strategy & Ops, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!