Senior Manager, Sales Planning
Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Title: Senior Manager, Sales Planning
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Reports To: Director, Global Supply Chain Tech Apparel
The Senior Manager, Sales Planning is responsible for leading a
highly functioning team in developing and delivering compelling
category growth for our customers derived from brand business plans
and deployed in partnership with the sales and merchandising
organization. The Senior Manager has accountability to maximize the
distribution of seasonal assortments and drive commercialization
and innovation through distribution, pricing, shelf and
merchandising initiatives across all product categories. This
position will work as a cross functional leader in the development
of strategic channel and customer programs, optimized assortments
and seasonal recommendations and is accountable to deliver sales
and profitability metrics for both Marmot and ExOfficio brands.
- Oversees the sales planning team who will provide customer
trends and insights that inform short- and long-term development
- Leads and development a highly functioning sales planning team
comprised of managers, planners and analysts. Drives career
development and engagement.
- Key cross functional leader internally and externally with the
ability to collaborate, problem solve and influence.
- Drives long term sales, margin and inventory goals through
oversight of robust pre-season strategies and in-season plans to
hit budget and mitigate risk. Identifies risks and counter measures
- Understands brand and customer priorities and uses the planning
process to drive strategic alignment. Strategizes with customers on
business trends, sales opportunity and path to deliver financial
- Recommends seasonal and annual sku assortment priorities,
delivers financial targets and drives synergies across customers
and brands that enable sales growth. Manages assortment mix to
maximize sales and profitability.
- Manages the development of high-quality SKU level demand plan
by utilizing best-practice processes including statistical
forecasting, knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional
- Oversees monthly forecast process and roll-ups that drive
strategic in season action plans, mitigating risk, optimizing
inventory and driving to financial goals for the businesses.
- Utilizes consumer and product insights to drive annual planning
processes in tandem with sales, merchandising and finance.
- University or four-year college
- MBA preferred
- Skilled in channel management, brand management and merchandise
planning, ecommerce experience preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of purchasing, buying or merchandise
- Excellent understanding of forecasting and forecast analysis
techniques along with their financial and operational impacts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to document detailed process and functional
specifications as required.
- Proven successful track record on cross-functional team
projects, including leading teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate across functional
departments and levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to build a business
case for proposed solutions.
- Strong strategic skills with ability and vision to map out
"future state" business processes.
- Ability to travel as needed to support our business needs.
- Experience with MRP/ERP, SAP AFS systems and the ability to
optimize settings and performance a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access and Outlook.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, San Francisco , Senior Manager, Sales Planning, Executive , Cotati, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!