Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the
exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor's
purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a
neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need.
That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most
important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding
principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in
neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United
Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden,
Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
The Infrastructure team has a mission to build shared components
and application-layer platforms upon which the rest of our product
development team can build application features in a consistent,
reliable, and scalable way. The team identifies patterns across the
organization and builds generic, reusable building blocks that have
The Impact You'll Make
Our teams work on a variety of technically challenging problems in
distributed systems and API design, mobile and web application
development, scalability and cloud computing, data science and
analysis, and much more. As an Engineering Manager, you will help
scale our engineering team and technology.
Grow and mentor an engaged, high-performing engineering team.
Collaborate with cross-functional leaders regarding strategy,
scope, and schedule of infrastructure projects
Drive standards on quality, reliability, scalability, and
Create infrastructure and processes to support rapid organizational
Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within
the engineering organization.
Optimize developer productivity by continuously seeking
efficiencies in the process.
What You'll Bring To The House
Qualified candidates will be equally comfortable with technical
strategy, people management, recruiting top talent, and driving
project execution toward well defined goals.
- BS in relevant technical field, or equivalent work
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Proven success delivering distributed software systems.
- Experience leading agile development teams on fast iteration
- Significant programming experience in any of Python, Go, Java
in a production environment and desire to write performant and
scalable code on regular basis
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptionally collaborative and resourceful in a lean, flat
- Deep belief in the mission of Nextdoor.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment.
- Experience meeting high-scale reliability and scalability
- Experience building platforms at consumer Internet
Keywords: Nextdoor, San Francisco , Infrastructure Engineering Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!