Senior Product Manager, Platform Modeling - Einstein
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
Salesforce Einstein Platform is looking for a Senior Manager of
Product Management to drive the mission of empowering a broad range
of applications with intelligence, to democratize data science and
to make it accessible to people without machine learning PhDs while
solving for accuracy, usability and scale.
The Einstein Platform team specifically focuses on Machine and Deep
Learning technologies, advances from Salesforce Research, and the
use cases and applications that they empower. It may be the most
challenging, and yet the most fulfilling, Product Management
opportunity in the world. You will be:
Working with SFDC's most cutting edge Data Scientists and
- This role involves dreaming up and defining the machine and
deep learning technology roadmap that we will productize through
our APIs and integrations with Salesforce's CRM applications.
Defining amazing platform product experience for developers and
- You will need to learn a lot, quickly. We have a very unique
set of problems, ranging from engineering to data science to
product to business. Engineers do not operate in a vacuum and you
will need to be the person who paints the product vision and user
stories. Communicating with stakeholders of all kind of backgrounds
- You will be attending a lot of internal and external meetings
and cross-functional communication is essential for our success.
Data science products involve complicated and specialized concepts
that are not readily understood by all stakeholders (business
domain experts, engineering, other product groups at Salesforce).
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to synthesize,
summarize, and extract the essence of what matters for each
stakeholder. You will also be selling the product vision, a lot, in
ways that people can receive well. Doing things that really matters
- We are like a small startup that needs to scale to thousands of
customers from day 1. You will be the architect of the entire
process for making this train run smoothly and on time. You will be
involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle from ideas through
customization validation, prioritization, product development,
business development, pre- and post product marketing. More reasons
- We believe in hiring the best and growing our talent to become
a more effective team. Our technical challenges are some of the
hardest around, and we're pushing new paradigms in software, design
and data science.
- People - you will get to work with truly some of the best
people and hopefully learn a lot
- Challenge - our team has experience working in some of the most
famous companies in the world, and none of us ever faced the
challenges that we are solving for now.
- Spotlight - Dreamforce is the largest technology conference in
the world (170,000 attendees in 2019). And our work will be on the
- Perks - we compete with the best here. This is what you need to
As to be expected in a startup-like environment, the scope of this
position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity is
Below is a partial representation of what may be included in the
Product Manager's typical requirements:
- Experience - The only way to learn people leadership, is by
experience. We will need you to bring that experience. You should
have both strong technical understanding in data science / machine
learning as well as demonstrated experience in working with
engineers, business users and executives.
- Product design: Drive product requirement based on demands and
feedback from multiple channels, set priorities based on both short
and long term objectives, then convert needs to concrete product
phases and actionable deliverables.
- Engineering engagement: Work very closely with engineers and
data scientists to make sure things are delivered well in timely
manner, understanding the technical limitation and trade-offs in
order to optimize product design
- Market Analysis: Assess existing solutions and relevant
products on the market. Keep an eye on latest data science product
trends. A successful PM will become an expert in understanding the
Deep Learning and advanced Machine Learning domain, market trends,
and latest AI developments
- Organizational leadership: Work with internal and external
customers and engineering teams to remove all roadblocks and
deliver product requirements. Communicate constantly so all
stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand success
metrics. Experience/Skills Required:
- Leadership - proven ability to set a vision, excite and lead a
cross-functional engineering team.
- Experience - a history of entrepreneurial experience, or 3+
years of product management, or 3+ years of machine learning domain
specific product experience.
- Strong organizational, project management, written and oral
- Knowledge of deep learning market landscape, tools available,
and latest ML advances
- Comfort in high-level business discussions with internal and
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
- Strong troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree (technical disciplines preferred).
- Experience with APIs and platform products and architectures.
- Experience managing developer tools, data analytics products,
or enterprise software.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce products and machine learning
- Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building
- Experience with agile development methodologies like Scrum is a
- Advanced degree is a strong plus.Accommodations - If you
require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions
please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
Posting Statement At Salesforce we believe that the business of
business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a
responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more
about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity,
national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept
unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that
does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or
Salesforce.org. Salesforce welcomes all. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Posted 19
Days Ago Full time JR85244 About Us Founded in 1999, Salesforce is
the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to
transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing,
commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way.
We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers,
and, hopefully, our world. Salesforce is built on a set of four
core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By
making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future
with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our
company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one
of the "Most Admired Companies in the World" and one of the "100
Best Companies to Work For" eleven years in a row, and named
"Innovator of the Decade" and one of the "World's Most Innovative
Companies" eight years in a row by Forbes. There are those who
choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are
those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones
improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now
instead of later. Doing something that's so much bigger than
themselves, an industry, and their company. We believe everyone can
be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new
Keywords: Salesforce, San Francisco , Senior Product Manager, Platform Modeling - Einstein, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!