VP & GM US Apply to This Job
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company: Biotech, Thousand Oaks, CA San Francisco, Ca Remarks:
The VP and General Manager, US Tab-cel will be accountable for the
commercial launch and in-market performance of Company's lead
product candidate, tabelecleucel (tab-cel TM ). The VP and GM will
drive development and execution of the commercialization approach
and tactical plan, lead the cross-functional launch team, and have
responsibility for the business performance of tab-cel upon its
entry to the market. This leader will report to Company's Chief
Commercial Officer and will be a key member of the Commercial
Leadership team. This leader will have direct oversight of
marketing, market access, commercial field staff,
trade/distribution, and launch planning. Tab-cel is a unique
product and will require a highly strategic, innovative and
cross-functional commercialization approach. Accordingly, this
leader is expected to have outstanding strategy skills and
extensive US operational experience. This leader must have a
fundamentally collaborative, cross-functional mindset and work
effectively with key stakeholders across the organization from
functions such as Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Technical
Operations, Development, etc. While the primary role focus is on
the successful US commercial launch of tab-cel upon approval in its
lead indication of PTLD, the VP & GM US tab-cel will also advise
the tab-cel program team regarding the commercial potential and
planning for life cycle opportunities.-- Reports to: Chief
Commercial Officer Location: Thousand Oaks, CA or South San
Francisco, CA Travel: Up to 20% Responsibilities:--
- --Leads the cross-functional US tab-cel launch team; plans and
executes a successful US launch
- Manages the US tab-cel P&L and drives performance to meet
or exceed revenue targets
- Prepares the tab-cel product, market, and Company for US
launch; for example,
- Develops and implements overall US product strategy, including
brand strategic imperatives and an associated comprehensive and
cohesive multichannel marketing and commercial customer
- Ensures practical and compliant end-to-end ordering and product
delivery processes are in place
- Develops, delivers and implements optimized and integrated plan
for pricing, market access, reimbursement and patient support
- Builds lasting relationships of high mutual value with
regional/local KOLs, health authorities, patient associations,
payers, and other customers
- Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing US tab-cel
- Tracks and communicates progress
- Plans budget and manages effectively to budget targets.
- Serves on program team as needed, advising on topics related to
initial indication of PTLD plus commercial perspective on life
cycle opportunities for tab-cel. Applies strategic thinking to
further the overall program strategy.
- Follows and instills culture of compliance in line with all
Company policies and US healthcare laws and regulatory
- Maintains an awareness of external factors (including
competitors, biopharmaceutical developments, government business
initiatives current and proposed legislation in relation to
commercial activities) which impact the business.
- Drives activities in areas of own responsibility and forges
strong partnership with other functions.
- Sets up and maintains external partnerships needed to optimize
success of tab-cel in the US. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in science or business. Advanced professional
degree (e.g. MBA, MS, PhD, MD, Pharm D, JD) is highly
- 20+ years of relevant commercial experience in the biopharma
industry with a consistent track-record of exceptional performance
- Experience as GM of a geographic area or of a commercial
disease area business unit with P&L responsibility is strongly
preferred. Experienced and highly successful brand leads of
in-market brands with similar proven P&L experience may also be
- US biopharma market experience is required. US operational
experience is preferred in all of the following: marketing, market
access, sales or other customer-facing field role.
- Strategy experience including corporate strategic planning,
strategy consulting, or global strategic marketing at a leadership
level is highly preferred.
- Oncology and/or transplant disease area experience preferred;
specialty care experience is required. Cell therapy experience is
highly desirable but not required.
- Successful new therapy/drug launch experience with proven track
record of overcoming uncharted obstacles and delivering against
- 10+ years of experience directly managing teams with oversight
in multiple commercial subfunctions.
- Track Record of achievement in delivering large and/or multiple
projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Strategic thinking capability with demonstrated ability to
develop and implement marketing and product strategies, convert
these into tactical marketing and launch plans, and deliver
- Collaborative leadership style and mindset with proven ability
to break silos and work well in a cross-functional environment.
Prominently displays a customer service mindset with internal
customers (as well as external ones).
- Demonstrated Analytical Strength in financial analysis,
forecasting, scenario analysis and ROI modeling.
- Sound decision making capabilities and the ability to make
decisions, even in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious,
stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for a wide
variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong
relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, advisory boards,
and potential or existing business partners.
- Strong leadership presence with ability to inspire and motivate
a team and attract, develop, and retain strong talents.
- Beyond the team, ability to utilize organizational channels,
experience and influencing skills to effectively negotiate and
persuade others. Proven ability to manage up to senior management,
amongst peers, and to provide effective guidance down to staff in
the reporting line as well as cross-functional working teams.
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely
work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively
- Role model for Company TRAIT values (Transparency, Respect,
Accountability, Integrity, Trust)
More Jobs Like This Job No. 647212
VP of Enterprise Business
Job No. 647123
SVP Partner Services & Delivery
Job No. 647082
VP of Strategic Growth
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, San Francisco , VP & GM US Apply to This Job, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!