Manager - Field Personnel
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Haskell is hiring a Manager of Field Personnel that will sit in
Dallas, TX and support our Field Resources across projects in
various locations. This team member will manage the recruitment,
training and retention of construction site personnel including
craft labor, foreman, assistant superintendents, and
superintendents in particular projects within the company. Serves
as general deputy to the VP of Construction Core. Job
- Pre-plans and schedules jobsite activity as required. Produces
and updates weekly 4-week short interval schedule (integrated with
overall project schedule). Oversees field office files.
- Plans and develops construction techniques and methods,
materials handling, crew sizes and deployment, equipment
requirements and task sequences.
- Interviews, hires and train staff and responsible for
performance and development of staff. Recruits and coordinates
training for all hourly jobsite personnel. Assists in applicable
jobsite training of all on site workers.
- Leads engineering team and provides direction regarding
drawings and specifications.
- Reviews design documents produced by the Architect and
Engineers of record, to ensure documents clearly show the intended
scope of work; and to enhance constructability and minimize
- Manages requirements of the NPDES. Posts required documentation
in compliance with national, state and local labor laws.
Administers company policies and procedures fairly and
- Prepares Daily Report and communicates project activity to
management (Project Manager and Director of Construction).
- Purchases miscellaneous materials and requisitions equipment.
Receives and maintains purchased materials and rented
- Serves as the daily point of contact with the owner
representative at the jobsite.
- Reports, verifies and documents to management extra work
requested by Owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which are
beyond the original estimate or contract documents.
- Responsible for layout of accurate lines and grades for all
work. Reviews project submittals. Checks and verifies dimensions
within the design drawings, and as related to shop drawings.
- Verifies valid/current insurance of all on-site companies.
- Inspects for quality both company-performed work and
subcontractors' work and for compliance with engineered drawings.
Resolves quality assurance deficiencies.
- Prepares Labor Cost Report. Processes daily vendors' and
subcontractors' invoices and delivery tickets. Conducts weekly
subcontractor progress meetings.
- Responsible for the overall safety and ensure standards are met
and adhered to. Initiates all jobsite safety and accident
prevention efforts. Investigates and reports all accidents. Holds
weekly safety meetings and inspections for submission. Conducts
new-hire safety orientation utilizing The Haskell Company code of
- Acts as on-site THC security representative.
- Maintains good community relations and clearly identifies
jobsite by well-placed and maintained company signs per THC signage
- Complies with contract specifications, PO's, SC's and
permitting agencies for required inspections. Generates RFI's and
applicable project correspondence.
- Assumes budget responsibility for labor costs, including
subsistence and expenses, and miscellaneous purchases, such as
concrete, lumber, equipment rental and overhead.
Education/Experience High school diploma with five years applicable
construction experience; two years supervisory experience in
construction environment or 4-yr degree in Building Construction or
a related field of study may be substituted on a year-for-year
basis for applicable construction experience. Specific Knowledge,
Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Good organizational and verbal communication skills; attention
- Carry out detailed written and verbal instructions
- Provide effective verbal and written instructions.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Collaborate with others to accomplish organizational goals,
identify and resolve problems.
- Actions demonstrate consideration to others - participation in
- Retrieve information from technical sources.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Maintains an OSHA 10-hour course current within the past three
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust Haskell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who
receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to
pre-employment drug testing. Qualifications Experience Required
5-10 years: applicable construction experience; two years
supervisory experience in construction environment Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Haskell, San Francisco , Manager - Field Personnel, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!