Senior MIPS Director (Machine Learning Infrastructure, Platform, and Systems)
Company: Crelate, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior MIPS Director (Machine Learning Infrastructure, Platform,
and Systems) Strategi.biz - San Francisco, CA, United States PLEASE
- NO RECENT GRADS, CONSULTANTS OR NON-USA BASED CANDIDATES!! ALL
Candidate Submittals MUST meet all of the skills and experience
requirements. This is a full-time role located in San Francisco ,
CA, or Brooklyn , NY. The total compensation for this is up to
$1,000,000 and $300,000+ base. Job Description This global
e-commerce enterprise is looking for an Engineering Director to
lead its organization in building the next-generation machine
learning infrastructure, platform, and systems (MIPS). MIPS is a
growing team responsible for building and operating all of the
systems that power machine learning. It is part of this client's
central data organization and the role reports to the Chief Data
- You will be responsible for managing multiple distributed teams
across the North America region.
- In this role, you will lead an organization composed of
multiple teams of infrastructure and Machine Learning engineers and
manage the managers of those teams.
- You will drive the vision and roadmap of all of this client's
machine learning infrastructure, platform, and systems.
- They are looking for an engineering leader who has the passion
& experience to lead this client in building an industry-leading
machine learning platform.
- The ideal candidate is a creative, proven leader with excellent
technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have experience working with
cross-functional teams and managing multiple partners, with the
ability to influence leaders in other organizations and prioritize
between different impactful projects & outcomes.
- This Sr Director is expected to work with science and product
leaders to accurately translate business requirements into machine
learning solutions, and be responsible for the successful execution
of building and operating scalable systems and solutions.
- We are seeking an engineering leader with a deep technical
understanding of machine learning and an engineering background in
scaling machine learning solutions! Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Drive technical strategy for the MIPS group that meets business
and product needs, for example, guide a platform strategy that
balances new model development and infrastructure complexity.
- Lead your team to build solutions that accelerate the delivery
of high-quality machine learning models into production and provide
a great user experience to the teams of data scientists.
- Manage and coach managers of machine learning and platform
- Lead the vision of the MIPS organization & be responsible for
its technical roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the entire company to make
prioritization decisions that balance business need with platform
- Advise leadership and executives, evangelizing across the
company the need to build modern Machine Learning infrastructure
that enables state-of-the-art algorithms in production. Required
Skills and Experience :
- Bachelor's, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from
one of the TOP 10 Computer Science Universities.
- 10+ years of professional paid experience with Machine Learning
and e-commerce, web services/microservices platform
- At least 2 years of director-level experience in leading and
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience in large
- You have experience growing an engineering group to at least 25
people and attracting high-caliber managers and engineers
- You have led company-wide machine learning platform or
infrastructure initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- You have a solid understanding of machine learning and the
process of delivering related ML technologies into production using
publicly available technologies.
- You have experience communicating with non-engineers and
executives about deeply technical products
- Experience in managing remote teams Additional Information This
client does support visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may
be limited to certain roles and skillsets
Posted On: Friday, December 11, 2020
Keywords: Crelate, Inc., San Francisco , Senior MIPS Director (Machine Learning Infrastructure, Platform, and Systems), Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!